[Release] Turok 2

Started by Duke64Nukem, 28 November 2014, 23:03:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke64Nukem

Hiya I bring you Turok 2 :) this map was mostly inspired by the level "Catacombs" in Turok Dinosaur Hunter on the N64. As I mentioned before each map will have it's own type of game play and wont be repetitive.
Story: Duke continues his journey right where he left off in Turok 1. Now Duke must find his way inside of Turok's sacred temple, beware the temple and it's surroundings have been said to be heavily guarded by monsters since the disappearance of Turok. This wont be a walk in the park, luckily Duke is heavily strapped and ready for action. "It's Time to make tracks"

Be sure to use the custom sounds especially the ambience related ones or you will be in for some annoying ambience sounds maybe you want to just create an "autoload" folder up to you but I highly suggest it :P

Download http://www.mediafire.com/download/ko17n3dgg6z9a79/turok2.rar

CGS - review/download
"It's Time To Make Tracks" - Dinosaur Hunter

Forge

good architecture & pretty well detailed, some nice texture combo, good game balance & item/enemy placement. atmosphere was nice, but could have used some more creepy jungle-at-night sounds.
nitpicks - needed more pipebombs (found six secrets). shading could have been better in a few spots.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Duke64Nukem

:) Thanks Forge, I wonder what secret you missed I got to say one of them is pretty hard to find :) Also I took 1 pipe bomb out that I actually had before, but there is also a very hidden one probably should of kept the one I took out hehe. Anyway thanks glad you enjoy man. Thank for review to

MSandt

I had a bit more problems with the map's design than Forge but other than that, it was a fun ride: http://msdn.duke4.net/hotturok2.php
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Duke64Nukem

Thanks Mikko though I think 90 is a bit low but like I say don't care for number ratings I was thinking a 96 though on my scale guess different people like different things and of course I like my own work since it's the style and atmosphere I prefer over many. Just glad you had a moment to play though and add to your site that's cool.

But hey this map just reached a milestone today, 100 ratings on steam workshop. This is amazing to get this many this late after the release of workshop nearly impossible I must say and happy of that. You see Duke64Holiday is not racing in ratings not nearly the same if there was a score then 102-45. I know people don't care bout ratings but it feel good when people like your work and turok2 I put much more work into compared to holiday it goes to show and I don't know who is rating it fully but wish could thanks people