[WIP] Edge of Eternity

Started by Sanek, 27 February 2015, 00:06:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanek

Hi all. :)
I'm working on a new space map called "Edge of Eternity". This map will have some action, but it will be more story-driven kind of map, with some cinematic music as the main mood creator. I can't tell you the plot now, but the main character of the map is not Duke Nukem, just a random astronaut. I don't think some of you may be satisfied with the finished product, because it's NOT a detail-heavy map (you can see it by pics even right now), but OMG, I think it will be my biggest map ever! No any release dates right now, but I work on it pretty fast, and I'll think I finish this map within a year.

ck3D

cool. looking forward to playing this

Sanek

Veteran mapper Terrell Morse (Ecw2000) will co-wrote the story with me. The progress slowed in the last months, probably because I don't know where story should go.

Puritan

We got a map from unknown author (no template) called Ecw2000 on our server.
Is that the map you're reffering to?
In that case it woud be nice if you could ask Mr Morse about a template.
Then he could have the proper credits  :)

ECW2000
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Sanek

He send me this.

Puritan

Thank you, sire  :)
I've updated the review and database.

And for this topic's sake:
You should decrease the proportion of this project and don't put too much into a story.
Better keep it simple and clean.
It's easier that way and the map can be finished faster.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Sanek

UPDATE_NEWS! :)

Finished Screenplay and 1/3 of the map.

1. I'm glad to say that the story that I and Terrell Morse wrote for the map is finally finished (well, actually 2 weeks ago). No real spoilers here, but the story will include at least 2 characters who have more than 5 pages of text!

2. After 6 months of work (on and mostly off), now I can say that about 40% of the map is done. I think I can finish all the important stuff until the end of the summer, and  then polish it for the rest of the year. Gosh, I hate shadows.  :(