AMC TC Episode 2 is out

Started by James, 23 March 2015, 13:22:01

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Just to let you guys know (for those who don't visit Duke4) Episode two is out now :)

Here are the mirrors, first one isn't ready yet but second should be good to go:
http://www.moddb.com/games/the-amc-tc/downloads/amc-tc-episode-two-v10
http://dukeworld.duke4.net/2001-current/tc/amctc/

The madmen behind the AMC TC Episode two are James Stanfield, Michael Crisp, Sangluss, Mikko Sandt, Cedric 'Zaxtor Znort' Lutes, Loke, and Snowfall (with certain maps using segments built by Highwire, DavoX, and Mike Von Skellington)

Forge

Well this is a pleasant surprise.

And it's designed to use the classic renderer as well so it's available to a wider audience who don't have super computers? Fantastic!
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Micky C

The episode has a lot of stuff going on so the framerate can dip sometimes if you're running at a high resolution on an older computer. Judging by what TX says, polymost is faster than classic anyway.
Wall whore.

Puritan

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Duke64Nukem

"It's Time To Make Tracks" - Dinosaur Hunter

Micky C

Gee I'm starting to feel a bit like Sanek. I'm still going to work on episode 3 but I did expect the initial reaction to be a bit bigger than it was. Maybe it's just a matter of lack of advertising and being early days. You can really feel that the community has gotten smaller since Episode 1 was released in 2011 though.
Wall whore.

MSandt

Which is kinda funny because when Megaton & DNF (2013) were released, a lot more people were playing Duke3D than in what must have been at least a decade. So, there are tons of people out there with an interest in Duke3D, it's just that usermaps don't seem to get a lot of feedback these days (=the past year and a half). In any case, the TC is a lot of work to play through.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Duke64Nukem

Trust me we all feel like Sanek hehehe As for user maps not getting much attention I don't know about that, on steam workshop there is plenty of people but around the Duke world we have a lot of people who ignore others unless it's someone they know there isn't much room. I would give more feedback for this just haven't had a chance to play I think it looks great. Good job guys from weapons to maps it all looks official to me. My new job is really taking a toll on my time sorry about that. Keep it up and don't be discouraged.
"It's Time To Make Tracks" - Dinosaur Hunter

James

Thanks...we kinda forgot how big the TC is all together so of course it's gonna take a while for people to get through it :)
Quotearound the Duke world we have a lot of people who ignore others unless it's someone they know there isn't much room.
This is true, unfortunately I'm guilty of this (at least not leaving feedback on usermaps) and it's something that I should try and amend, but it's easier said than done (because I want to try and put more effort than saying 'nice job' but sometimes that's all that comes to mind)

Forge

small active community with redundant members across multiple forums.

Merlijn

Also, some people (like me) simply don't have a lot of spare time. I can't finish this in one go, but I'll add my 2 cents once I've played it. :) It's great to see this released btw!

James

Heh, that's no problem - we got a bit carried away with the size lol :D Thanks, hopefully you enjoy it too!

Forge

...and since i was helping test it (nothing to brag about - even though I was a bit late joining in the development process and unnecessarily felt rushed - probably didn't do as good of job as I should have; yet you still put my name in the credits), you pretty much got all my feedback about the levels, presentation, game options, etc., so that's one less person to make a public forum comment.
If you take all the nuances of this TC; it's one of the best ones. Top three in my book (I have sentimental and nostalgic attachments to some of that older stuff). On the technical side and map design aspect; probably the best.

James

I do apologize if you felt rushed a bit, I was kind of desperate to get it out ASAP but it looks like that was a bit hasty (albeit as far as I can tell EP2's campaign is fairly bug free which is the most important) I was definitely happy with all the beta testing and you've always given great feedback (which is why you've beta tested all of my big projects so far apart from the very first IW)

Puritan

Quote from: James on  27 March 2015, 22:04:30
I do apologize if you felt rushed a bit, I was kind of desperate to get it out ASAP but it looks like that was a bit hasty (albeit as far as I can tell EP2's campaign is fairly bug free which is the most important) I was definitely happy with all the beta testing and you've always given great feedback (which is why you've beta tested all of my big projects so far apart from the very first IW)

Forge might be a nitpicker in some peoples eyes...
In my opinion he's the best tester I've came across.
The reason why I used the word 'nitpicker' is because he always seems to find those bugs everybody else can't point out.
Also counting Merlijn as a wonderful tester in the days where he had more time on his hands  ;)

Gonna spend a few hours dugged into this one this weekend I presume.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise