[Release] Death Drive Episode

Started by Mister Sinister, 01 May 2015, 20:58:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Sinister

It's been quite a long time since I've released anything for Duke Nukem 3D and the time has finally come

Did you guys ever wondered what would happen if alien invaders took the whole "Kill Duke Capture Earth" just a bit more seriously? I for sure did.
That's partially the reason why I a brand new episode called Death Drive.

So what exactly is DEATH DRIVE?
DEATH DRIVE is a 5-level action packed episode taking a lot of inspiration from classic L.A. Meltdown levels and a more recent release Metropolitan Mayhem yet with a twist of my own style and challenging fights of my own map "Slaughterfest".
Basically it's a huge battle from the very beginning till the very end if played on the intended difficulty setting. What makes it a bit different from the rest is the fact that every single map of this episode was made less then in 20 hours each.
I tried my very best to make them visually good and fun to play. It's up for you to judge whether I've accomplished my goal or not.

Even though I did make this episode very hard I know that there are worse players than me so that's why I think you should read this:

- If you want your usual DN3D experience (Let's Rock difficulty setting) pick the easiest one available.

- If you want to be challenged but not too much pick the normal difficulty setting.

- If you really want some extra challenge which is comparible to Doom's Ultra-Violence pick "GET PSYCHED!". Beware: there is one basic principle which is "be fast and efficient or be killed".

Also please note that I did not involve additional betatesters so there may be bugs I don't know about. As far as I know the only annoying thing is that shrinkray sometimes have difficulties shrinking Octabrains due to bug in EDuke.

REQUIREMENTS:
Latest EDuke32
Render Mode: Polymost
Difficulty: GET PSYCHED! (intended experience)

Please report any found bugs!

I would also like to ask somebody to upload this on Steam Workshop and test it for Megaton Edition.

Thanks for playing and have fun!

CGS - Download
Gadji beri bimba clandridi
Lauli lonni cadori gadjam
A bim beri glassala glandride
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

Micky C

Cool, I'll check this out soon. The screenshots look really good considering the time you put into them :)
Wall whore.

Puritan

Nice!
Played the two first levels.
And you're right about the settings: this is friggin' hard at times (constant low on ammo  :P )
The design looks pretty solid so far.
Good work  :)
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Duke64Nukem

It is really hard for me to give feedback these times I'm not sure I am right, but I like what I see here I haven't played I hope to give a try and play from the looks good job.
"It's Time To Make Tracks" - Dinosaur Hunter

Fernando

I am actually playing this mod in the original Atomic 1.5 MS-DOS version (it doesn't make sense to restrict the mod to eDuke only if it doesn't use any advantages of its source port, so I extracted every file of the GRP to a copy of my Atomic DOS folder and ran it) and so far I really like it.

Yes, it's quite a challenge indeed, since many enemies are spread around the whole level for a lack of proper amount of ammunition, but since the author intended it that way, it proves to be a fun challenge.

Well done for your work indeed.

ck3D

looking forward to playing this when i can find the time. design looks mighty sweet and i love your alternative approach to gameplay, slaughterfest is one of the most memorable maps i've ever played

Duke64Nukem

I got to play today and I beat it I like the 2nd and 4th map the most. I liked the city feel in level 2 nice dark city gave a nice memory to me with good scenery, especially in certain spots were more detailed then others. The transition between level 1 and 2 felt like Hollywood to Redlight at times one moment maybe to much but not bad. The outdoor map was a pretty nice feel with cropping but some of it was straight lined. Overall the map was notable, tight spaces with slopes and mountain tops nice job. It was challenging though I had to take to skill 2 I mean I could beat on 3 but it gets kind of repetitive to me. I know lot of people like loads of enemies but I just not a fan of it myself. Enemies can be memorable like the trooper using the toilet in holly or when you get surrounded by pigs after grabbing the red key in redlight. All together it was fun, with a nice battle area in the ending, cool music changes, and level design that is consistent and corresponds to the next.
"It's Time To Make Tracks" - Dinosaur Hunter