(RELEASE) Miami,FL_SP

Started by sT1LL_WAnTeD, 03 May 2015, 20:16:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke64Nukem

I know I already commented on your steam map St1ll but this is very nice. Nice job on cleaning up the original Miami 1 DM it looks way better and more clean cut if it were like that when I reviewed the DM would have been 5/5. The transition between Miami 1 and 2 is pretty flawless I like that, and the secrets are original good job. This map does show a hole lot of improvement on your behalf the shading, textures, and sizing is much better now wow. Also, it is good proof that it can be worth the time to go back to some of our older maps and clean them up and even combine them in certain cases like this for a much better map awesome stuff. Haven't been playing Dukie as much but for this I had to.. I even wrote the review for Miami 1 DM before so I had to. Keep it up :)
"It's Time To Make Tracks" - Dinosaur Hunter

anvil

Download link for non-steam users?

Duke64Nukem

I went ahead and did for him here, he is at work I think hehe. Added link into main post :)
"It's Time To Make Tracks" - Dinosaur Hunter

Puritan

The map template seems to be missing  ;)
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

MSandt

Decent map. It played pretty well but design-wise it could be a lot better. It's nowhere near bad; in fact, there are many things I liked about the design such as the traffic lights and the bit in the middle of the tunnel that connects the two maps. But overall it was way too blocky, repetitive (you know after the start how the rest of the map is going to play out), and what's with all the doorways that don't have doors?
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Puritan

Quote from: MSandt on  08 May 2015, 12:44:35
...and the bit in the middle of the tunnel that connects the two maps....

Heh...I actually had a screenshot from that particular area for the upload page.
Understand now that it was a mistake to reject it  :P
Also very much agree with Mikko's thoughts.
And it's way too much weapons/supplies....I passed the map only with the pistol and shotgun.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise