[RELEASE] FM3X: New York Rebellion + Orbital Oblivion + Anarchy Village

Started by Fernando, 30 May 2015, 02:21:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernando

http://forums.duke4.net/topic/8100-release-fm3x-anarchy-village-episode-by-fernando-marquez/page__pid__224870#entry224870

Apparently, I forgot to mention as to why the DukeMatch bonus episode is commented on the USER.CON file.

Well, since the mod is designed for the original MS-DOS version. the easiest way to Access the episode was through the FM3X executable. But the documentation specified a manual access of the levels.

However, the FM3XUSER.CON file has commented out those maps and episode listing since these would not work on DOS, but eDuke32 has support for more than the original episodes from the main game. Just uncomment the fields on the episode, levels and music listings, and eDuke32 will recognize the episode as the fourth (on 1.3D) or fifth (1.4+) of the pack with the corresponding music for each level.

Someone please give the message to NightFright, as I am not registered to those forums. Thank you very much.

Forge

People are taking it upon themselves to re-package your episode and providing their own download.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Fernando

Quote from: Forge on  24 June 2015, 01:38:14
People are taking it upon themselves to re-package your episode and providing their own download.
I can see that, and I really don't know if that is a good or a bad thing.

Forge

People are going to do what people are going to do. They've been tweaking mods & TCs to make them playable on different ports since windows stopped using dos as a base.

Fernando

Quote from: Forge on  24 June 2015, 03:01:47
People are going to do what people are going to do. They've been tweaking mods & TCs to make them playable on different ports since windows stopped using dos as a base.
I guess it is the best solution there is nowadays. It is quite accurate to say I'm the only player who still uses the DOS version to play Duke3D.

Still, I don't regret having an oldschool mentality to build FM3X. It was well worth the 18-month development cycle. I hope NightFright reads the mail I sent him regarding this.

Forge

There's a few out there that have dedicated dos machines to run old games. If I had my old computer, I'd probably do the same. Unfortunately I don't, and virtual machines and dos emulators aren't the same as true dos, so I find them kinda pointless except to test the old original mods & TCs for functionality purposes.