[Release] Shaky Grounds pt1: Apocollapse

Started by Merlijn, 09 September 2016, 19:37:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlijn

***BRRRRRMMMRRR!!!***

Duke woke up from his slumber. The hotel room looked dark.
The sky outside still tried to go for as many shades of grey as possible, but at least it stopped raining.
What just happened? It felt like the entire room was shaking.. An earthquake?
As far as Duke knew, there were no major fault lines in Europe. Must have been his imagination.

Suddenly, the room started to violently shake again. But this time, it didn't stop...

Well, here it is! A massive city map, hit by a massive quake.
Made with classic mode in mind. Skill settings are present, I'd recommend "let's rock" for the first playthrough.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e0du87db5ba66ah/Shaky+grounds+pt1.zip

CGS - review/download

Puritan

Awesome!
Will kick some alien asses very soon  :)
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Merlijn

Thanks for adding the map to the site - nice screenshots! :)

What did you think of the level?

Puritan

A kick-ass level.
Fast paced and really fun to play. Died a few times, of course.
I lost track a couple of times but that is entirely my choice...wandering about looking at stuff and not watching my back  ;D
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Merlijn

haha, that's understandable. XD
Glad you liked it!

DavoX

Man I had so much fun with this. I haven't played any user maps in the past 2 or 3 years but yours I definitely had to give a go.

It took me 45 minutes to finish it, mostly because I've wondered a bit for the blue card.

Thanks for making this map man. It's so epic and huge, I couldn't believe it. You know I love demolitions and destroyed cities so this was extremely fun to me.

I really thought it was impossible to have this huge amounts of walls in one spot but you managed to do it. Congrats.

97/100

Merlijn

Thanks man! :)
Glad you enjoyed it.

About the number of walls: yeah I actually was a bit surprised I got away with that. :p
I was worried that I might have pushed it too far at times, but luckily the game handled the big, open areas very well!

Merlijn

Puritan

Man, I missed the shrinker  :P
Nice vid. Brimmed with action.

Added the video.
Oh when I'm old and wise

Duke64Nukem

Finally getting to play this! Its really clean cut and nice looking so far. I can already tell its a good one with very nice structures man......

Awesome map. Took me about 40 minutes to complete. The quake in the start was freaking awesome, gameplay was balanced for me, and the map feels alive with action. You do a really nice job of modern interiors and city landscape/buildings wow. Oh the building that fell down on its side that was pretty damn cool.

The city is in great shape for being so wrecked at the same time xD I really like all the wreckage.
"It's Time To Make Tracks" - Dinosaur Hunter