[RELEASE] Dracula's Castle

Started by James, 24 October 2016, 10:16:55

Previous topic - Next topic

James

This map was made for the Duke Spook'em add-on but I'm releasing it now as a standalone demo map - when that mod is done there'll be a different tweaked version in that. Designed in and looks best in Classic mode.

Story
Duke Nukem gets shot down by a Science experiment gone wrong near Dracula's Castle - get in and make the bastards pay for rising your flight insurance premium yet again.

Download
Two versions, one that works with vanilla Duke and one for Eduke32. I have tested the vanilla version in World Tour and it does work but IIRC there's no way to add art files or anything to the workshop (unless that's changed) If they fix that than I'll definitely upload it to the workshop with added lights and shit. The Eduke32 version has OGG music as well as a couple of reskinned enemies (Total Meltdown zombie pigcop and a Cthulhu Octabrain by me) so that's the more definitive version.

Vanilla version (719kb):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ihb4huiur2e1oz9/DRACULA.zip

Eduke32 version (4mb):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j09sewum2yb5w5p/DRACULA_E32.zip

Have fun and let me know what you think.

CGS review / download

Puritan

Awesome!
Yet another good release for us to choose from.
I found it quite fun to play.
Nice layout and design.
Combat could have been tougher though....played on Come get Some but really didn't had any sweat on my forehead.
But that's just nitpicking.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

James

Glad you like it :) Yeah it could do with more enemies on CGS, that's a fair point (there is more on Damn I'm Good)

Bowland

I think Draculas Castle is now my favorite. Thanks!

RebeccaBaker

Draculas Castle is now my favorite.
Thanks!