[RELEASE] Naked Dash

Started by Mister Sinister, 24 September 2017, 17:41:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Sinister

Duke had been capture yet again! This time things are looking real bad: aliens took Nukem to their base and put him in prison cell, but that isn't even the worst part.
Our hero must survive a venture through the "Naked Dash": a surreal office complex built by aliens for entertainment purposes and filled with deadly traps and puzzles.
Will Duke be able to make it through this doomed office fortress which took lives of many men before him? [color="#008000"]More importantly, will you help him escape?[/color]

General Info:
This map was finished in approximately 7 or 8 weeks; it doesn't have difficulty settings and it also almost exceeded Mapster wall limit (around 70 spare walls left).
It is best to go blindfolded, but if you just hate fun or something:
One of the gimmicks of this map is a secret ending. In order to get it you have to find secret places scattered across the complex.
Screenshots:

Be nice, don't cheat and have fun!

DOWNLOAD FROM MEDIAFIRE
Duke4.net release thread
Gadji beri bimba clandridi
Lauli lonni cadori gadjam
A bim beri glassala glandride
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

Forge

your download link is broken

Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Mister Sinister

Sorry, I copied my post from Duke4.net, didn't notice that the link got broken. Fixed it now
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

Mister Sinister

Do not use 6450 build of EDuke32, it breaks the final section of the map! If you want to use newer version of EDuke, pick September 20 (6444).
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

Mister Sinister

The map has been updated:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k2c4xcqc7r8w9oz/NAKED_DASH_1.1.zip

Fixes include:
- Fixed the force field clipping issue: now the sector is separated by a purple wall, also turned a chunk of ground into water. I can't get inside no matter how I try now, so I think that fixes the issue.
- Falling ceiling puzzle is changed a bit: the sector is now solid ground with water sprites on it. Changed because the ceiling doesn't squish the player standing in water in newer EDuke32 versions.
- Moved the camera with a message about hidden cameras up to match the height of the other messages.
- The red keycard door speed is set to a 1000 now.
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

Mister Sinister

The map has been updated to version 1.2.
This time the update includes a new section which bypasses inability to drop down from the crane twice (though you still have to do it once).
Also, a new section was made which allows players to backtrack with a bit more ease via a system of teleporters. I wanted to do that in the first place, but I had no walls left for this.
Really had to squeeze out spare walls to make this, but after cleaning up the map (I removed some leftover rooms and rejoined some split walls), it was possible.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/220x3s3jc0rqj8a/NAKED_DASH_1.2.zip
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!