[RELEASE] - Devils Gate by JMW

Started by JMW, 13 April 2018, 06:33:54

Previous topic - Next topic

JMW

Just in time for Friday fun.
Travel through snow, temples, alien space, and back again with Duke.  Don't let those Ba$tards teleport themselves to Earth!
Piece of cake is easier but all other difficulties are the same.  Hopefully fun and challenging for the vets.
Download: http://www.jmwrightdesigns.com/maps/DevilsGate.zip
Some Pics:

Steam:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1359749035

CGS review / download

Duke64Nukem

Cool I'm going to check it out tomorrow night.
"It's Time To Make Tracks" - Dinosaur Hunter

Forge

Very nice looking level. Well balanced and good supply placement for a map having near 300 enemies. Finding secrets doesn't really mess up the balance any either.
The player has to have some situational awareness that they need to find floor pads after they go through the fanged cave. The linear flow helps a bit with this, but that second pad in the cave can be missed since it's in between branches and the player is having to deal with the distraction of respawns.
The only thing I didn't care for was the invisible blocking walls at the top of most cliffs. Cliff jumping is encouraged at the start of the map, then suddenly it's removed from play.
Overall. this is a nice shoot 'em up map. Well executed and designed. Didn't mark my time, but it took awhile to get through.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

Indeed a very nice map.
Had lots of fun during the battles. Intense battles.
Died only a dozen times or so...  ;D
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

conqueror060

Great map! Beautiful design and very fun to play on DIG!

One issue I noticed is that the coop isn't working. I tried to play with a friend (2 person coop) and I wasn't able (it shows me the classic Coop problem on start, got the message "killed" my coop partner and her screen freezes). Maybe coop isn't enabled or there is an error with the starting positions?

Forge

You might want to try asking this on steam. I don't think JMW checks here very often, if at all.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

conqueror060

Thank you for your suggestion I will ask him on steam as well.