[Release] HEALTH

Started by Mister Sinister, 09 May 2018, 21:58:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Sinister

"HEALTH"

This map is prequel to all DN Episodes.
Duke is about to complete his training to join the elite EDF unit and he is offered his final test.
You are given a 100 health and a 100 pieces of ammo: 50 shotgun, 20 RPG, 10 pipebombs and 30 shrinker.
Duke must survive this test using his wits and skills only, no easy way around it. Difficulty setting are not implemented in a traditonal way.
Instead, you are given a choice between two doors: LADY and MAN.
LADY gives player some help in form of a portable medkit, armor and boots and some health scattered around the level.
MAN gives player nothing: only you, your guns, 100 HP and 60 aliens to kill.
Use your ammo wisely and avoid fights if necessary.

PROMODE: Complete the level without using saves
ULTRA-PROMODE: Complete the level without using saves and never get hit.

This map was made in a couple of days and was beta tested by me only. If you find any bugs, please report in this thread. Have fun!
Screenshots:

DOWNLOAD (updated version):
MEDIAFIRE

CGS review / download

Attachment:
Gadji beri bimba clandridi
Lauli lonni cadori gadjam
A bim beri glassala glandride
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

Forge

Played through on the "man" option. That was pretty damn hard. Glad I ignored the taunt in the template and saved often.
1 - I died. A lot.
2 - the garage door didn't open the first time I used the red key. Had to load the last save and then it worked the second time.

This is one of those levels that doesn't need a bunch of detailing. The complimentary texture set along with strong shading and good architectural construction does the job. The interlocking and looping layout worked well and gave a nice sense of progression.
There was plenty of ammunition to handle the enemies. I avoided quite a few of them, but at the end I seen that I really didn't have to. I could have killed them all and been okay.
The part that kicked my ass the most was jumping across those two down-sloped chasms, one after another. I hate doing that under optimal circumstances, trying to perform while worrying about falling into the ooze and losing health made it worse.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Mister Sinister

Yeah, I guess it is pretty hard. It was very quickly put together, never tested by anybody else and etc.
I tried to make it as fair as possible by insuring spare ammo, making encounters avoidable and not including abundant number of hitscanners. And it is actually possible to make it through without saves (at least I can), not sure about never getting hit. The red keycard door probably glitched out because of the game, it should be working just fine, it's just a lock.
The slopes may be a bit hard to jump, but I made a way out of this since you can skip this part all together by taking the yellow card elevator but you will miss a secret this way.
I hope you liked it and it was not too frustrating for you.
Gadji beri bimba clandridi
Lauli lonni cadori gadjam
A bim beri glassala glandride
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!