[RELEASE] Magdalene

Started by DannyFromNewOrleans, 06 June 2018, 15:20:24

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyFromNewOrleans

Here's my third map and some pwetty pictures.

CGS - review/download

Forge

A few times it was confusing on where to go; once trying to figure out what door unlocked (in the nightclub - the button above the cell-bar styled door), the second time (after blowing up the fire-extinguisher in the red-locked hospital styled building) was because a couple pigcops spawned at the bottom of some stairs with a door leading back outside, but it was a misdirection because the player was supposed to continue forward down the hallway.
Quite a few rooms and corridors were a bit cramped & I almost got stuck in a receptionist styled cubical (in the room that opens using the math puzzle).

But it was quite the journey. Lots and lots of fighting. Got a bit tedious towards the end, but it was fun for the most part. Making the freezer, pistol, & chaingun the main weapons was a nice change-up to the usual shotgun and rpg.

The texturing, shading, and sector architecture was well done from start to finish & that's quite the accomplishment considering the size of the thing.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

Took me about an hour.
A good map and nice firefights.

Uploaded to the server  ;)
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise