"Miner Complications" minercomp.map

Started by StarCraftZerg, 05 December 2018, 08:34:51

Previous topic - Next topic

StarCraftZerg

Hello everyone! It's been a long while since I've been able to work on this project but after a year and a half, I can finally share it with everyone and help keep the map making scene alive! Viva la Duke!

Map name: minercomp.map
Custom Music: Linkin Park - Hit the Floor [Instrumental]
Custom Sounds: N/A
Single Player: Yes
Deathmatch: Yes
Cooperative: Yes

Description: Richard Cranium Mining Company has uncovered an ancient alien relic deep within their Beta tunnel, and is holding it underground inside their processing facility, Polaris. It wouldn't be long until the aliens reached the company and began turning it inside-out looking for their artifact. Fearing the unknown capabilities of this relic and the lives that were at stake, the EDF has sent Duke in to retrieve the relic and purge all alien life within the facility, something he's completely willing and capable of doing.

Hope you all enjoy and feel free to leave your thoughts below! (All compliments and complaints are welcome!)

-SCZ

CGS review / download

anvil

Kudos on the release, will play it soon.
Your previous map, Duke's Day Off, is one of my favorites.

Puritan

Not passed the map yet.......died 5 times so far.
A kick-ass map it is  :)
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

Very nice looking map. Articulate detailing, trimming, and architecture. Nice shading and texture combos. I like how you kept it industrial, but were still able to use different texture sets for different areas, and it all blended together quite well.
Lots of little stashes and side-areas to explore, which is nice.
Never found the shrinker & didn't find all the buttons to open the armory.

Once again a map of yours starts off with a ridiculous and over-whelming situation that requires running in circles around a large group of aliens until there's enough fratricide and ammo drops to clear the area out and get a foothold. It's like being a dolphin trying to swirl up a bait-ball of mackerel. It takes a few attempts to do it an live. Some people don't mind, some people are going to dislike it. A lot.
After that bit, it plays out pretty good.
I very much enjoyed it. Thank you.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

StarCraftZerg

Thank you all for the feedback! I've got a video of me playing through it on Come Get Some with developer commentary!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBC7xvyXmWg&feature=youtu.be

Puritan

Quote from: StarCraftZerg on  09 December 2018, 03:05:59
Thank you all for the feedback! I've got a video of me playing through it on Come Get Some with developer commentary!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBC7xvyXmWg&feature=youtu.be

Video uploaded  ;)

About the atomic health glitch...I think it's reachable with the jetpack activated.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

Quote from: StarCraftZerg on  09 December 2018, 03:05:59
Only sissies play your maps with auto-aim on. Sissy.

You're not the only one who couldn't pick up the atomic health. I think there's a bug floating around in some eduke32 versions.
I'm using r7136 and can pick it up.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

StarCraftZerg

Quote from: Forge on  09 December 2018, 17:14:15
Only sissies play your maps with auto-aim on. Sissy
It's my map and I'll be a little bitch if I want to! ;D

Besides, I could've done it with or without but for the sake of making the video 25 minutes opposed to 40, I went for the auto-aim route. If you wanna upload a "no auto-aim" run, I'd be more than happy to see!

And I'm not sure which version of eduke32 I'm running but I believe I encountered the same problem in World Tour as well as Megaton. Might just have something to do with the build engine as a whole. Oh well, I feel like if I fix it now, it's just gonna conflict with everyone's versions that they have currently. Once I'm able to release this map to Megaton (hopefully sometime soon) it will include all the fixes like shrinker in place of devestator, 7:14, and the atomic. Minor fixes but significant changes

anvil

Played it, a truly awesome map with very good gameplay, fantastic design and great attention to details.
My only complaint is about the start of the map which is too intense.
Thanks for sharing your map with us.