CGS - Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Map Listings  (Read 30 times)

LeoD

• Pig Cop
    • View Profile
Map Listings
« on: April 06, 2019, 05:06:46 PM »

I was about to report something else, but since it hasn't been fixed over the years: the map listing sorted by authors puts Aaro Ruohonen last instead of first.

The other thing: "New Duke City" and "Duke City Remastered" have conflicting author names. "Jesse McCree" appears to be a reference to a game character in Overwatch, and the "ling" has disappeared over time. "Duke City Remastered" doesn't show up in the "sorted by authors" list.
Polymost HRP / Z-Pack: customize your HRP  |  User Map Maphacks
"Redneck Rampage has chickens. If you put a chicken in Duke3D then it's Duke3D with a chicken."

Puritan

• Administrator
  • Overlord
  • Beach Patrol
    • View Profile
    • Come Get Some
Re: Map Listings
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 06:38:00 PM »

I was about to report something else, but since it hasn't been fixed over the years: the map listing sorted by authors puts Aaro Ruohonen last instead of first.

Simply because 'Aa' is short for 'Å' the 29'th letter in the alphabet. (some languages are short of three letters)

The other thing: "New Duke City" and "Duke City Remastered" have conflicting author names. "Jesse McCree" appears to be a reference to a game character in Overwatch, and the "ling" has disappeared over time. "Duke City Remastered" doesn't show up in the "sorted by authors" list.

Fixed.
Thanks for the heads up  :)
Why did the scarecrow get a promotion?
Because he was outstanding in his field.

LeoD

• Pig Cop
    • View Profile
Re: Map Listings
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 12:00:51 AM »

I see. I knew that
Simply because 'Aa' is short for 'Å'
, but  not this
the 29'th letter in the alphabet. (some languages are short of three letters)
. I somehow assumed Å would be sorted like our Umlauts which do not constitute letters in their own right. Btw., äöüß would make our alphabet 30 letters ... I win  ;)
Polymost HRP / Z-Pack: customize your HRP  |  User Map Maphacks
"Redneck Rampage has chickens. If you put a chicken in Duke3D then it's Duke3D with a chicken."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 36 queries.