Map Listings

Started by LeoD, 06 April 2019, 17:06:46

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoD

I was about to report something else, but since it hasn't been fixed over the years: the map listing sorted by authors puts Aaro Ruohonen last instead of first.

The other thing: "New Duke City" and "Duke City Remastered" have conflicting author names. "Jesse McCree" appears to be a reference to a game character in Overwatch, and the "ling" has disappeared over time. "Duke City Remastered" doesn't show up in the "sorted by authors" list.
Polymost HRP / Z-Pack: customize your HRP  |  User Map Maphacks
"Redneck Rampage has chickens. If you put a chicken in Duke3D then it's Duke3D with a chicken."

Puritan

Quote from: LeoD on  06 April 2019, 17:06:46
I was about to report something else, but since it hasn't been fixed over the years: the map listing sorted by authors puts Aaro Ruohonen last instead of first.

Simply because 'Aa' is short for 'Å' the 29'th letter in the alphabet. (some languages are short of three letters)

Quote from: LeoD on  06 April 2019, 17:06:46
The other thing: "New Duke City" and "Duke City Remastered" have conflicting author names. "Jesse McCree" appears to be a reference to a game character in Overwatch, and the "ling" has disappeared over time. "Duke City Remastered" doesn't show up in the "sorted by authors" list.

Fixed.
Thanks for the heads up  :)
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

LeoD

I see. I knew that
Quote from: Puritan on  06 April 2019, 18:38:00Simply because 'Aa' is short for 'Å'
, but  not this
Quote from: Puritan on  06 April 2019, 18:38:00the 29'th letter in the alphabet. (some languages are short of three letters)
. I somehow assumed Å would be sorted like our Umlauts which do not constitute letters in their own right. Btw., äöüß would make our alphabet 30 letters ... I win  ;)
"Redneck Rampage has chickens. If you put a chicken in Duke3D then it's Duke3D with a chicken."

LeoD

Besides their score  ;D , Maarten Pinxten's "MpRocket" and "Operation Kolpowitz" are identical. The latter has a more recent TXT.

Puritan

Quote from: LeoD on  03 January 2020, 12:46:20
Besides their score  ;D , Maarten Pinxten's "MpRocket" and "Operation Kolpowitz" are identical. The latter has a more recent TXT.

Maarten released both maps at the same time back in the days.
Last editing of both map-files are on the same date.
I'll guess he forgot the template on Kolpowitz  ;)

DNR also published the same date for both releases. (Kim gave Kolpowitz a score of 92 though...)
Can't see how it should matter, really, but thanks for the heads-up.
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Puritan

Since we for the first time have a map with a score of "100" the scripts / code doesn't cooperate.
On the listings by ratings window called 95 - 100 Shaky Grounds should appear on top.....but it doesn't. The link sits at the bottom of the range.
I will ironing out this bug as soon as I can find some time.
Sorry about that.

Edit (01 Dec) : found the problem. It turned out to be incorrect settings on the server rather than coding error.
Oh when I'm old and wise

ck3D

People are reporting issues getting 'banned' by the website upon trying to download maps: https://forums.duke4.net/topic/11912-bobsp4-assistance/ (third post, last paragraph). May be something to look into if there's anything you can do on your end. Happy New Year by the way and thanks for continuing activity for as long as into 2022! Cheers.