Screenshots from other games

Started by Puritan, 07 December 2011, 22:27:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Puritan

"W:\Doom4" is in the task bar for one of the images though...

I'll guess it's more to come on the game conference tomorrow  ;)
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Puritan

Well, not exactly on topic but...It seems that Fox is about to make a tv series based on "Battle Field: Bad Company"

Read more here
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

High Treason

What an absolubte load of rubbish, glad I refuse to pay the telly license and microwaved the set-top box.

On another note, I've been playing through Project Zero (Fatal Frame) for the first time in about a year.

Again, I'm unable to capture my own shots for the time being, game looks the same for everyone anyway. It's as good as I remember - and I've forgotten a lot of the game which is fun because playing it alone in the dark is a little creepy at times.

Also played the original Silent Hill, for the first time ever it didn't malfunction at the final boss and I was able to complete the game (I got the GOOD+ ending too!), all in all, a decent effort but it's on the PS1 and Team Silent were incompetent; So there's a tonne of problems - you could make the best game in the world, but put it on a PS1 and it quickly starts to become crap, so I actually must really like the first Silent Hill. I did attempt Silent Hill 2 again, but once more I found myself getting bored stiff by the time I got to the apartments and if anything I hate the game and James Sunderland more than before, can't help get the feeling the game is rushed, shoddily put together and even broken in places. Plus I managed to get Silent Hill 3 for nothing, it's amazing what some people throw out, thing is, that is only marginally better, so I've no hope that the franchise ever recovered, I'd chuck it back in the trash but I may as well trade them in at Gamestation and buy some Megadrive games instead... Or maybe Fatal Frame II.

Seriously though, WTF is it with Silent Hill and loading screens? The first game had none, in fact, most survival horror games I've played have none beyond the inital load or having to reload the level after a game over. If I went to the otherworld, it would probably manifest a bunch of doors that wouldn't let me through until they had shoved a loading screen in my face, even if the other side of the door was already loaded.

Edit whatever: Damn, shouldn't post when this tired, hopefully no more edits needed.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Puritan

The graphics in Unreal 4 engine is unbelievable  :o
Real time shading for instance...

Unreal 4 "Infiltrator
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

That can definitely rival movie CGI graphics. Think of the computing power you'd need to run such quality  :o

Thank god I've been too lazy to buy a new graphics card for the last year or so. Hopefully some good cards come down in price.
Wall whore.

Puritan

Well, actually they've tested this demo on a nvidia gtx680 card  ;)
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

That's still way above my current card. Was that with max settings?
Wall whore.

Forge

looks cool, but i'll probably never get it.

i stopped with the unreal gold edition (unreal & some expansion episode)

my nvidia 9800gtx+ card would probably catch fire if i tried playing anything other than duke3d
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Gambini

Quotemy nvidia 9800gtx+ card would probably catch fire if i tried playing anything other than duke3d

You´d be surprised how many photorealistic games would work on that card. It´s old, true, but it´s the top notch version of that era, and therefore still ahead some low/medium profile cards on the market.

And that engine Puritan is nothing compared to the one we´re using for our project  ;D

Puritan

^Can't wait, Gambini  ;)

@Micky - I dunno the settings but they said that the demo was tested on a 680GTX .
I'll guess the resolution was on the lower part of the scale  :P
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

I've got a 9800GT, so I doubt that can handle it. It can handle crysis at medium-high settings though, but we're 6 years on from crysis now  :P
Wall whore.

Gambini

It´s still maybe the most demanding game.

Puritan

I'll guess this one might scare the living daylight out of some...

Routine - Alpha gameplay trailer
Oh when I'm old and wise

High Treason

I kid you not, that looked almost identical to a dream I just had...

I was really liking it until the guy seemingly fired something. I'll keep my eye on it though, looks like it might be my cup of tea.

High Treason

I haven't played this properly since 2004, but as I promised it for my Let's Play channel and a review on my main one, I figured I shoud sit down and play through it...

Man, I don't know why I left the box sitting on the shelf so long, I had forgotten how awesome this one was, nobody messes with Kyle Katarn!

There's something satisfying about punching and angry kell dragon to death, throwing thermal detonators into a storm troopers face and just generally messing up "the empire's" property.

I have to be honest, I've never really been into Star Wars, Star Wars sucks! But if it had been more like this game I might have liked it more. It's deffinitely a 90's FPS Star Wars featuring a lot of grubby industrial looking locations, even a slightly ghetto looking place with graffiti. There are a lot of mechanics and visuals that make me think the Duke 3D devs probably played it and took inspiration from it. From a technical stand point, it's an impressive game or it's time.

Unfortunately these are, again, not my screenshots as I played it on a K5 rig I just maxed out and if the game has a screenshot button I don't know what it is... Of crouse been in real DOS means I can't use the DOSBox screencap feature, but if I were in DOSBox my MT-32 wouldn't be an option and I'd be cheating myself.

To me, DOSBox and DOS are like the difference between a doll and a woman; yeah, it's got just as many holes, might be made of good quality silicone rubber and be less inclined to argue with you, but you know it isn't real.