I'm Stuck Thread

Started by Puritan, 07 December 2011, 23:49:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Puritan

I think you have to go back to the underwater part and look for an open hatch.
I'm at work atm but I'll give it a shot this afternoon (CET).
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

methy

Thanks that worked.

However later on I reached the bitch by using a redcard leading to a teleporter. However there seemed to be two other teleporters (locked by 2 other cards) that I did not go through just near it, as well as an area of the game I know I didn't go to.
I think I didn't play the map as it was meant to be. You see, I shot a button through that teinted window which unlocked the entrance to the pigtanks parking area. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to shoot that button and that if you do it skips a whole part of the map.

I'll have to replay this map later on (at nighttime... the map is way too dark), it seems to be incredibly good especially for 1997.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Puritan

Quote from: methy on  20 September 2012, 13:57:50
You see, I shot a button through that teinted window which unlocked the entrance to the pigtanks parking area. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to shoot that button and that if you do it skips a whole part of the map.

That's the way I've been playing this map too a couple of times.  ;)

Quote from: methy on  20 September 2012, 13:57:50
I'll have to replay this map later on (at nighttime... the map is way too dark), it seems to be incredibly good especially for 1997.

Second that  :)

Especially if you compare it to his map "Ariel" built only a couple of months before "1-Bitch".
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

methy

I'm inside the Toy Factory and I can't find any key card. Any help?

I think the only card I got so far was the first red one to gain access inside the factory.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Puritan

Oh when I'm old and wise

methy

Well, now I used all the cards and I found a jetpack and some ammo... can't find an exit. oh well, good map anyway, it just seems a bit cryptic on where to go next

Puritan

You've found the last red key card, right?
The one that opens a vault door with two drones inside?

If so, then go back to the very start point. Enter the water filled elevator shaft.
Fire up your jetpack  ;)
Oh when I'm old and wise

methy

Well that was a stupid way to end the map! A hidden path leading to the exit...

Puritan

Yup, agree.
That's why I didn't rate it higher.
A more linear gameplay would have made this level much better.
At least a view screen to give you a hint...
Oh when I'm old and wise

methy

Well, the non linearility at first is good, but yeah at some points we'd just need viewscreens.

Anyway, the map is good, it has a couple of nices effects, and some enemy placement and choices are interesting, but I think you overrated it a bit still.

Micky C

Quote from: methy on  27 September 2012, 13:43:19
I think you overrated it a bit still.

Yeah, this is a little off topic, but looking at the screens I'm surprised it got over a 90, based on today's standards. When old maps are reviewed, are they given a score based on the time they are released or are all maps judged by the same standards? If it's the former, that means that score undergoes inflation just like money, in which case we could use some financial formulae to calculate their modern score :D

My question still stands if that's ok.
Wall whore.

Forge

I use the same standards for all maps. I don't care if it has "innovative for its time" little tricks in it. A good map is a good map from start to finish, and stands up to the test of time.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

Quote from: methy on  09 October 2012, 11:37:06
Been playing Seaquest as well which seems really good as well despite its poor shading. However I'm stuck : where is the blue lock?

I'm having a great time re-discovering maps from my HD.
Glad you like it  :)

Hint:
Inside the room guarded by a forcefield in the doorway.
You know, on top of the rocks there are three teleporters in a row.
( just remember to unlock the forcefield first. In order to do that: Some scuba diving is required  ;) )
Oh when I'm old and wise

methy

Nope, can't find anything except secret places and a switch that opens a door you can see behind a glass but not access to yet.

Puritan

Oh yes...
Dive behind the tall building.
Blow up the crack in wall.
Swim inside and locate two "Frankenstine switches" that opens the forcefield.
Go on top of the rocks and try the teleporters.
I don't remember which one out of those three...
Then you'll be teleported to right outside the door where you've opened the forcefield.
Bon voyage!

Edit: In the review find the image in the header called "header6.jpg".
That screenies is taken right where those two switches for the forcefield is located. ( Just check behind the EDF logo)
Oh when I'm old and wise