I'm Stuck Thread

Started by Puritan, 07 December 2011, 23:49:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Puritan

This is a a good place to seek help if you're stuck in a map or Duke modification.
If you attach an image from the location you're stuck, chances are better for a reply besides the fact that it would be much easier for others to help.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Arghantyl

Oh hell i must start this topic ;D

I began to play to Imperium : Bam,you guessed it,i'm stuck.

First map,after the skycar's crash : I open giant slide doors with the 3 buttons,i up the water,go through the available bridge.
I step the climbs,use my nightvision to see the hidden bridge,acceed to the plat form and...nothing.

I've used my nightvision, lookin' for a switch or something else : nothing.

Have i grabb an unknown item or forget a dukeplus ability like teleportation ?
I priest you to tell me.
Another day,another challenge.

Forge

screenshot of where you're stuck. Sounds like you may have gone the wrong direction after the skycar crash
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Arghantyl

Forget it.I've finished the game today  ;D

Good game.
Another day,another challenge.

Micky C

So I started playing Red 2, and I just can't find any of the keycards. I made it into the town hall building, and pressed 3 switches hidden in different rooms, and that hasn't really done anything. Also tried checking out the mines, the supermarket, and the 4th floor of the hotel but there wasn't anything there.

Any help?
Wall whore.

MSandt

Just played the map, I think there were four switches, and they open the door to the Mayor's Office.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Micky C

Went back and tried looking for the 4th switch but no luck, and I'm using polymer so it's very easy to spot switches with their green/red glow. Facing the mayor's office, there was a switch in two rooms behind wooden doors in a corridor to my right, and one in a room in a corridor to my left. All the other wooden doors won't open and just look like fake doors to me. Using the relative position of the other switches, where is the 4th? Is it more hidden than the others or something? I've never been a fan of switch hunting.
Wall whore.

Forge

you need to blow up a crack in the wall in one of the rooms.

Merlijn

Yes, the room in the corridor to the left has a crack in the wall you need to blow up. This leads to a burning, partly collapsed room. You can see a glimpse of it from the corridor. The 4th switch is there.

Micky C

Ah, yeah got it. It was a bit hard to see given the dark brick texture it was placed on but not unfairly so.

Now I'm in the mine and I've come up against a 6 switch combination puzzle, that means there are 720 possible combinations  :o
I'm not even going to bother using trial and error, forge warned that he couldn't find any hint to the combination in his review either. I don't suppose someone could just tell me the combination?  :-*
Wall whore.

MSandt

Quote from: Micky C on  06 February 2012, 00:56:45
Now I'm in the mine and I've come up against a 6 switch combination puzzle, that means there are 720 possible combinations  :o

2^6=64.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Micky C

d'oh, I forgot my statistics and thought it was 6 factorial. Even still that's a lot of combos
Wall whore.

Forge

i don't remember the combo

really didn't take that long to figure out if you use a pattern starting from the left.

if you don't have the patience, check in mapster or just clip

Gambini

Merlijn

^
lol, there's no google in dukeworld.  ;D

You can also give yourself the yellow keycard if you don't have the patience, it's the last keycard of the map.