Mapper of the Month

Started by Puritan, 08 December 2011, 01:36:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Arghantyl

That's ok.

I will work with that and try to make the deal.
If Gambini plays the game and if this little project runs,it will  sure convince Puritan.
At least,it can be posted here.

Let's rock !
Another day,another challenge.

Puritan

A mapper wiki as a separate section is certainly something that we could add to the site though.
It depends on if there will be enough submissions to this issue.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

Maybe mappers could submit their own information? At least in some cases, which would help ease the squeeze.
Wall whore.

Gambini

What a honor! But where is this posted? when i read the front page there´s something that says "mapper of the month" but when i click on it a blank box that only reads 2012.

I´m willing to give you an interview guys  :P even if that means answering stuff about my sexual life.

Forge

The results sound like you clicked on the news ticker

Mapper of the Month is at the bottom of the front page
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Forge

Congrats to Maarten Pinxten for being the mapper of the month. where ever you are.

MSandt

It was probably him and George W. Bernard who had the biggest influence on me as a mapper (and Iikka Keränen, of course).
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Gambini

:o Oou man!!!!!!! Puritan overcame himself with mprocket´s review!! I´m not done reading it yet but so far the first paragraph has given me an uncontrolable urge of playing the map!

Puritan

^I'm occupied with logistics.
I wouldn't order a semi-truck for moving  one case of beer  ;D
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

Congrats to Aymeric Nocus (ck3d) for being mapper of the month.

One of the major influences who encouraged me to make a few crappy maps

Gambini

I can´t believe you chosed CK3d as mapper of the month. Mostly knowing that MRCK hasn´t been honored yet.

Jokes aside, A hell of a mapper. He polyshed his style so much in his latest releases that i find more of a brand in his maps than in Roch maps.

Micky C

Ok, just to clear things up, Aymeric Nocus, CK3d and MRCK are the same mapper right? Because that guy's aliases totally confuse the heck out of me.
Wall whore.

Merlijn

Yes, that's the same guy. I'm not sure why he changed his alias.. Anyway, great mapper who made some of my favorite city levels. His more recent semi-classic style (AMC pleaser, Metropolian mayhem) looks very good as well, especially the sector based shading.

If there's one thing I dislike about his maps, it's the overuse of those annoying turrets.  :P

Puritan

Quote from: Gambini on  04 March 2012, 02:23:18
Jokes aside, A hell of a mapper. He polyshed his style so much in his latest releases that i find more of a brand in his maps than in Roch maps.

Second that. You can tell it's his work after just a quick glance.
Oh when I'm old and wise

Puritan

Mikko:... The stage is yours!  8)
Oh when I'm old and wise