Mapper of the Month

Started by Puritan, 08 December 2011, 01:36:45

Previous topic - Next topic

MSandt

Yeah it could be simply renamed to Duke Hall of Fame or something, which would remove the "mapper per month" obligation.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Micky C

That would be a good idea once we run out of the good mappers and things start to wind down. But 4 years sounds like a long time so I think we'll be ok for a while. I wonder what the community would look like in 4 years...

And there are some fantastic mappers in that 2nd tier, many of them probably better than myself (thankyou for the top tier referral), it's just too bad they don't release much stuff  :-\
Wall whore.

Forge

is Maarten really that busy that he can't answer a few interview questions?

Merlijn should prank him. put cellophane over the toilet so he gets splashed when he takes a piss
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Gambini

Maarten

Hi there!
I'm really sorry for letting you guys wait for so long. I only got recently internet, so that was one of the reasons it took so long.
Interview is up for a few days - enjoy :) Or not :P
Boo!

Forge

Quote from: Maarten on  25 February 2013, 22:27:19
Hi there!
I'm really not sorry for letting you guys wait for so long. I only got recently out from under a pile of my groupies to come up for air, so that was the only reasons it took so long.
Now I'm diving back in, nice talking at you.

*fixed*

Forge

congrats to undertaker.

finally get a mapper that isn't so distracted by a deviant lifestyle, he can actually find the time to answer a few polite questions

underTaker

Thank you very much Forge :) That was an honor to me :)

Micky C

Of course there's a condition that you have to keep making high quality maps  ;)

And your favourite map is the lowest rated? Well ok.
Wall whore.

underTaker

I will do. I will surely do ;) I have one map in progress, and i will continue it when i'll finish one of my current non-duke projects.

And yes - that is my favourite one. Matter of taste you know ;).

Maarten

Quote from: Forge on  26 February 2013, 14:58:08
Quote from: Maarten on  25 February 2013, 22:27:19
Hi there!
I'm really not sorry for letting you guys wait for so long. I only got recently out from under a pile of my groupies to come up for air, so that was the only reasons it took so long.
Now I'm diving back in, nice talking at you.

*fixed*

Whahaha! ;D ;D Damn, how did you know??

On a serious note: congrats UnderTaker! :)
Boo!

Supertanker

It's rather sad how few maps are being released nowadays...I think everyone is aiming for big grand maps and not making fun but not groundbreaking 3DR style maps any more. Hopefully we'll get some new mappers soon.

Also, top tier? Me? No way. I take forever to release anything and while WG and Geof and the rest are playing in the stadium, I'm kicking the ball against the wall in my backyard. :P But thanks for the thought.

Micky C

Well it's the old story of everyone being busy with university/work/family these days. It's not like before when everyone was at high school and had plenty of time to work on maps. What the community needs is a fresh injection of young mappers who have the time.

Unfortunately, the cooler features like polymer which are more likely to draw young mappers in (so they don't have to spend tedious time shading) are unfinished and unoptimised. Which means that when Duke 3D+ comes on Steam later this month and Duke gets a surge of interest, new people are going to be put off by the unfinished status of several features (like multiplayer).
Wall whore.

Puritan

I wish to congrats our very own review churner, Forge, with his entry into Hall of Fame  :)
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Gambini

That only proves the mom is arranged. Forge is the worst of the worst mappers out there.

He´s so bad that i have to use toilet paper on my screen after playing his maps.

heh jokes aside congratulations my old and grumpy friend!