News:

DannyFromNewOrleans is back with a new map brimmed with action!
"Fear Of The Dark" is ready for download.

Main Menu

Mapper of the Month

Started by Puritan, 08 December 2011, 01:36:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky C

Quote from: William gee on  12 June 2013, 05:30:03
Yup, I only really play SC2 Heart of the Swarm. Not that much these days cause I'm buissy but I do, add me my email address is geewillywizz@gmail.com and my user name is WilliamGee I only play on US server so find me there.

Is it even possible to map for DNF?

I'm a bit buissy with university as well. Maybe at the end of the year.

And no, you can't map for DNF.
Wall whore.

Micky C

Congratulations to High Treason for mapper of the month.

If I'm being honest, the first thought that popped into my head was "hmm he's not that great a mapper", but then I remembered rather enjoying a few of his maps. That, on top of all the new/unique effects he pulled off in his latest map are a credit to his work.
Wall whore.

Forge

Quote from: Micky C on  02 July 2013, 13:01:05
If I'm being honest, the first thought that popped into my head was "hmm he's not that great a mapper"
deja vu. that's what i thought when i seen my name pop up

interesting interview HT (you should still try to push yourself on your trimming and detailing skills while you push yourself on what mechanics you can achieve.)
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

You don't have to be "a great mapper" to be picked as a candidate as we've clearly stated a few times  :)
To the trained eye - There are no coincidences
The more you see - The less it makes sense
If you can not see - You can not truly know

Forge

Quote from: Puritan on  02 July 2013, 15:08:40
You don't have to be "a great mapper" to be picked as a candidate as we've clearly stated a few times  :)
i thought that was obvious to all when your name came up  ;D j/k

DavoX

I really enjoyed his last map, Now I'm off to reading that interview, congrats HT!!

Puritan

Quote from: Forge on  03 July 2013, 01:03:58
i thought that was obvious to all when your name came up  ;D j/k

Yeah, I thought everyone could read between the lines  ;D
The more you see - The less it makes sense
If you can not see - You can not truly know

MSandt

Was reading Bob's interview and he's right that we haven't really explored the alien mythology. Why did the aliens invade? Were they after something else beside our women? What is their homeworld like?

Yeah otherwise the list of interviewees would consist of just me.

You should do James next, definitely one of the most significant figures.

But please fix the crappy fancy flash format. Now you can't link to individual pages. It's amateurish to rely on templates anyway.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

High Treason

Just dropping in to say thanks.

Hey, I might not be great, but I try to be. I do push myself with the visuals, but I do feel I've nearly hit my ceiling for that. I've had Mapster32 open again anyway, so undoubtedly we'll find out in the future.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

DavoX

Don't sweat it, if your last map is any indication then you're in the right path and I look forward to your future maps :D

Forge

James is a great mapper. The problem is his solo and single player map repertoire is severely limited. Most of his stuff is in huge TCs, multi-author TCs, or CBP participation. His two major solo projects are a PyP map and a dukeplus map.
when i have time i could post up for PyP and his repent map so there are at least two of his projects hosted he can take lone credit for.

Micky C

I see KaiseR is mapper of the month, but there's no interview. IIRC he didn't include contact details with his text files because he didn't want to be contacted, however he still might check up on Duke4.net occasionally.

Why don't we send him a notification there to invite him for an interview, even if it takes a while?

I'm assuming this is him: http://forums.duke4.net/user/59-kaisersoze/ (last online about 2 months ago)
We can also send an email to the address he used to register the forum.
Wall whore.

DavoX

Micky C

Wow I've been mixed up for a long time then.

Never mind.
Wall whore.

Gambini

And I´ve mixed you up with another guy, that´d take pictures of him all the time, and slowly fueled some disdain against you, until I realized you were a different guy  :D

hehe sorry!  ;D