Mapper of the Month

Started by Puritan, 08 December 2011, 01:36:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky C

How long ago was all that?
Wall whore.

Gambini

Around the time I began to be relatively active at duke4.net. I remember at the point of releasing It lives, I was already liking you bit more  ;D

Forge

Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Micky C

Congratulations to David B for getting mapper of the month. He's made some of the best if not the best levels for the HRP ever.

Now you potentially say you get to be mapper of 2013  ;)

Having said that, I'd either like to be January or December to have a similar claim. Said Micky to no one in particular  :-X
Wall whore.

Puritan

Matter of fact: I'm putting the M.o.M series on hold for a while.
Not sure for how long, but there will be no entries in 2014.

So I might rename the pages from the existing 2012 and 2013.....etc, into season I , Season II....etc
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

Wall whore.

Puritan

Not many more to choose from   ;D
J/k....I must chill down a bit all volunteering works that I'm involved in here and there.
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

David B.

Quote from: Micky C on  02 December 2013, 12:51:49
Congratulations to David B for getting mapper of the month. He's made some of the best if not the best levels for the HRP ever.
I'm glaaaad to read that.  :)

I hope some other levels will come up next, but I must admit I now spend less and less time on mapping.
I'll try to make an effort...

Thanks to the staff for adding me to the hall of fame.
David B.

Gambini

Well deserved! You and Loke are the new age super mappers!

Micky C

You know Puritan I'd be happy to manage a Mapper of the Year section  ;)
Wall whore.

Forge

considering this is probably the most unique feature of the site

anybody can go to MSDN or DN-R and get most of what's hosted here, or go to Duke4 for the forum
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

I usually don't comment too much in this topic but I felt it was appropriate to say a few words about this months candidate:

He have deserved a thumbs up !
I know, and you know, that he stepped way out of line in the past.
But I've seen many others that have stepped out of line in the DN3D community the last 15 years or so.
Including myself  ;)

Time to move on, I think Sanek deserves this little entry in our M.o.M series!

Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

I gather that his earlier days were somewhat "dodgy" (all of that was before my time here), but whatever his past is, these days he makes great maps like Bridge Between Two Islands.

Also glad to see Mapper of the Month still exists. When you said you didn't have enough time for it I was wondering "how long does it take to email a few questions?"  ;D
Wall whore.

Puritan

Y'more stress.....Y'father away  ???
Oh when I'm old and wise

Sanek

Hey, thank you both for commenting of it. Some time ago, I don't even beelive that I can be a m.o.m.
It's awesome that there's really no more anyone (well, except Commando :)) who remembers those times when almost everybody dislike me. MY REALLY GOOD MAPS, Bad Night, Duke Theft Auto, AMC/DNR feuds - I hope I closed this part of community's life with my recent releases.