Reviews and Submissions

Started by Forge, 08 December 2011, 16:29:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky C

That's a fair review.

QuoteThere isn't an overly extensive use of Polymer lighting effects

Huh, if you followed the installation instructions the number of polymer lights should be approximately zero  ???

Trivia: CBP 8 was originally going to be covered with polymer lights as an option for the player, however it was cut early on when we realized no one would have a computer powerful enough to use them, and there were some creative differences over the placement of lights.
Wall whore.

Puritan

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

ck3D

Quote from: Gambini on  12 February 2013, 08:31:22
Not sure about Hasit, I dont remember it. But sure, Duke Nightmare is overrated by like 78 points...  :o

Kind of late on this but I am happy to see Hasit mentioned, it is one of my all time favorite maps !

Gambini

My small 2hoursmyballs map has been reviewed!  ;D best timespent-rating ratio I ever got in a map. It lives scored 99 after about 1000 hours of work. This one did 81 in six hours, so 81/6 gives 13.5 points per hour of work, whileas 99/1000 gives 0.099 points per hour.

I think I´m done with complex maps :P

zykoveddy

just checked out the front page. Wow, I didn't know that Bob Averill have made a remake of Rott level. Pretty awesome for it's time, I liked some of the ideas. Is there exist any other Bob's forgotten levels?
From the flight of the seagull come the spread claws of the eagle.

Micky C

I really enjoyed that ROTT map by Bob Averil. Sure it's not the most detailed level but neither were the original levels. And it has a distinct ROTT feel, with original texturing that sets it appart from traditional Duke levels and lends to increased ROTT immersion, not to mention the gravity anomaly disks.

I got the impression from the review that Puriitan never played ROTT.
Wall whore.

High Treason

Quote from: Micky C on  06 March 2013, 10:26:20
I really enjoyed that ROTT map by Bob Averil...

I knew I forgot about something, I recieved a message from Bob a while ago, there was a BobSP that he never finished. I don't know wether I'm allowed to post it for anyone that's curious though.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Puritan

^Why don't you ask for his permission?
Or better, force him to finish it  ;D
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Puritan

Man, Forge... :P
I was hoping that nobody remembered that map anymore.
My worst map by far.
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

the nice thing is; no matter how bad you think your worst level is, there's always something else out there to make it look like a masterpiece
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

Yeah, tell me about it.
I've shuffled through most of that huge map-pack floating around on the web  :P
Oh when I'm old and wise

Gambini

Quote from: Forge on  07 March 2013, 18:36:21
the nice thing is; no matter how bad you think your worst level is, there's always something else out there to make it look like a masterpiece

lol

Forge

the site has hit the 450 hosted projects mark.

I still have just over 200 projects in que, so by the time the dust settles and everything is "caught up" there should be around 700 hosted projects as we wait for new releases and i dig around in my directories for gems & look at acceptable file sized TCs like platoon, starship troopers, etc.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

ck3D

just had to say, i have developed the habit to check the front page of this site everytime i feel like playing a map, and everytime i do i always see a bunch of new maps uploaded and reviewed, just wanted to drop by and show some appreciation, thanks for all the hard work ! even from a casual player perspective (i don't play many maps anymore, but every once in a while i have my sprees), you guys are killing it

Puritan

Thank you for your kind words, Aymeric  :)
We're trying to be here for the Dukers around the world.
Oh when I'm old and wise