Reviews and Submissions

Started by Forge, 08 December 2011, 16:29:29

Previous topic - Next topic

methy

Yeah even though I don't play that often anymore, you guys still succeed in surprinsing me especially with good-to-great oldies. I just played The Haunting for instance which is really good in itself even by today's standards and definitly great for 1997, although a bit short.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Forge

appreciate the appreciation  :)
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

quakis

Noticed that Discarded Stronghold is finally up here. Only things missing from are some old crap; this and this.

Might also be preferable to have DS listed under my full name like my other releases for consistency in the listings.

(and tweak quakis with a lowercase q! cough cough [/super nitpick])

Forge

they've been in que. eventually they'll be selected at random from among the other 192 projects still sitting in the waiting to be done folder

i'll only play them in the immediate future if they're requested. I can do that if you like

quakis

There's no rush, so play them when you feel ready as usual. I just wanted to mentioned those two incase they might have been missed unintentionally, but seems not!

MSandt

HT's maps are undervalued here, except for the overvalued computerbase map.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Forge

Quote from: MSandt on  11 May 2013, 20:08:28
and you undervalued Puritan's last map and a couple of undertakers maps, overvalued some of Sanek's maps and my maps (no offense Sanek - me & you are the first ones that came to mind is all)
nobody's perfect. definitely not me. especially not you

wheeeeee...isn't trolling fun?

i recognized all the hard work HT put into those kick ass tricks, but he left other areas lacking. i mentioned them when i provided feedback during beta-testing, but at some point he stated he wasn't worried about those things and this project was more focused on putting resources towards creating desired effects.

Micky C

Yeah we don't get that many maps out these days so every one counts, especially when they bring something new to the table.
Wall whore.

MSandt

Quote from: Forge on  12 May 2013, 08:15:17
Quote from: MSandt on  11 May 2013, 20:08:28
and you undervalued Puritan's last map and a couple of undertakers maps, overvalued some of Sanek's maps and my maps (no offense Sanek - me & you are the first ones that came to mind is all)
nobody's perfect. definitely not me. especially not you

I am perfect and as such any deviation from my ratings is imperfect.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Gambini

Quote from: Forge on  12 May 2013, 08:15:17
i recognized all the hard work HT put into those kick ass tricks, but he left other areas lacking. i mentioned them when i provided feedback during beta-testing, but at some point he stated he wasn't worried about those things and this project was more focused on putting resources towards creating desired effects.

I agree with Forge on this one. The map seems well done and all but it´s lacking charm in design and that makes it just a good map. I notice the fear of the maps becoming scarce with the time has been pushing reviewers to raise the rating average even more. 94 is 6% away from perfection. That´s the ultimate overrating.

With the exception of my maps, which should need three digits ratings. Many many things are being overrated these days.

methy

Your maps are the most overrated ones out there.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

MSandt

Quote from: Gambini on  12 May 2013, 14:11:15
I notice the fear of the maps becoming scarce with the time has been pushing reviewers to raise the rating average even more. 94 is 6% away from perfection. That´s the ultimate overrating.

There are just 16 possible scores for Hot Maps; that's what makes it seem that those scoring, say, 94 out of 100, are overrated. But, as always, it's not the scale itself that matters but the map's relative position.

Gambini

Quote from: methy on  12 May 2013, 15:09:51
Your maps are the most overrated ones out there.

Nah. Actually, reviewers would need to lower all other maps 10 points just to actually reflect the supernatural quality of my maps. ;)

Forge

Maybe when I deplete my reservoir of projects waiting to be done, I might go back and re-assess some items. Sunshine Complex and Last Pissed Time are a couple at the top of that list.

DavoX

I don't know if I ever released "Chili factor" but if I did you should definitely give it a go :D