Reviews and Submissions

Started by Forge, 08 December 2011, 16:29:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Puritan

Well, hi there.
Nice of you to post your review  ;)
But as you may know, I've got some 15,000 files to edit around here...
I don't have time to play any maps nor taking screenshots.

If you wont me to put up your review could you please take at least six shots with a resolution above 740 X 440 ?
(.....and the file format isn't important since I'll modify 'em anyways)
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Tgreyhair

Hi Puritan

No worries,  8) Looks like you have lots of files to get round to but the worst thing we could do is to rush everything, I think that's when the problems start if we were to rush things.

I think there's already some pictures of the map then again I could be wrong as I was unable to access the seven map section of the website. A very good website with many maps you can play, I posted the old duke repository website which I think is not being updated any more and most of the maps on the duke repository website I think have been played by myself but on this website there's lots of  good looking maps that I've still to play.  :)

Don't worry about the review just now.  8)

Forge

If it came off the DN-R site, then it should already be uploaded here with screen shots (minus NY rebellion, which I've been a slug about getting around to)
It should only need a write-up and a score.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Tgreyhair

Oh I got confused there, yeah you are right Forge.  ;D

Tgreyhair

Here's the map seven.

http://www.scent-88.com/reviews/S/seven/seven.php

Here's the review, sorry for the confusion. :)

A very atmospheric map with it having a yellow scenery attached to it. You can play the single player as the single player has a few enemies and if you can find the Protector Drone that can be your mission for the single player but this map is meant big time for dukematch.

A few of the areas in the map is your pistons where duke gets crushed if he goes under also there is a conveyor belt with a few burgers on it. Sounds very delicious but there is one thing I forgot to tell you which are the burgers are made from dog meat. You will be eating doggie burgers. Hope I have not put you off your dinner.  There's a hidden bathroom area as well because you have to blow up a wall to get to the bathroom. The other bathroom in the map is very easy to get to.

As far as the deathmatch goes I think two to four players is ideal. Not too sure if it would work with more as it would get too frantic, if that's the right word to use.

Score 73

Puritan

Thank you very much, sire  :)

Your review is bunged to the server.
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

anvil

The map "Area" by Zik crashes the game with eduke32 versions from the past 4 years.
Btw, there is a newer version of this map, which also crashes the game, here:

Puritan

Quote from: anvil on  19 September 2016, 20:09:50

;D
Oh when I'm old and wise

Captain Massive

Quote from: anvil on  19 September 2016, 20:09:50
The map "Area" by Zik crashes the game with eduke32 versions from the past 4 years.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bhacpstsgxj9wb9/z_area.zip

Fixed it for ya, and it was a tricky one.

I had to dislocate the vertices from the transport elevator door.

Transport Elevators depend on an adjacent sector's ceiling height in order to determine the height at which to teleport. For this reason, you should not use any effects that change the ceiling height of a sector adjacent to a Transport Elevator. The original map designers made this mistake in E2L1.MAP: "Spaceport", which only works correctly by luck/coincidence.

:Quoted from The Duke Nukem 3D Informational Suite
by Ryan Lennox

:Nothing was changed except the fix, I even used the original zip file.

All I did was copy/paste its own door back into itself after I removed it and it dislocated the vertices automatically, and then copy pasted the exact textures with the correct panning/shades back to their origanal state.

It works/looks & acts as the author intended.
Massive Out....

anvil

Puritan

Nice work, guys  :)
Added the fixed map to the server.

Btw: I've got more maps from Zik to be uploaded later on.
Oh when I'm old and wise

anvil

The map "Betrayal" by Bruce Sparhawk you uploaded yesterday has a newer version.

Puritan

Quote from: anvil on  08 May 2018, 13:56:45
The map "Betrayal" by Bruce Sparhawk you uploaded yesterday has a newer version.

Fixed, thanks  :)
Oh when I'm old and wise

ck3D

Hey Puritan!

Maybe I don't need to, but I felt like notifying you of Maarten Van Oostrum's latest epic called Woudrichem War: https://msdn.duke4.net/hotwoudrichem.php

Great job on all the recent uploads, you've been finding some gems it looks like. Can't wait to play a lot of those maps, most of them I don't think I ever knew about.

People on Duke4 have been bringing up those boards again as an example of a strong ongoing site that's important to the community yet not openly celebrated enough. I hope all is well. Paul B's Dukemaps website just went down, too.

I've been working on an episode for the past year with two and a half maps completed so far. It's most likely not coming out anytime soon, but when the time comes to create a WIP thread on forums I'll make sure to start one on here as well. Good luck and keep it up!

Puritan

Thank you very much for your kind words and heads-up about Maartens latest addition.
I'm on vacation right now....and now it seems that alien scumbags are screwing it up!  :D

I'll try to upload Maartens map tomorrow.

Take care!
Oh when I'm old and wise