CGS - Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maarten van Oostrum is back with a kick-ass level:
"Another Attack (Part 1): Woudrichem War" is uploaded. Check it out !

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reviews and Submissions  (Read 52719 times)

Puritan

• Administrator
  • Overlord
  • Beach Patrol
    • View Profile
    • Come Get Some
Re: Reviews and Submissions
« Reply #240 on: July 28, 2020, 10:45:21 AM »

I've been working on an episode for the past year with two and a half maps completed so far. It's most likely not coming out anytime soon, but when the time comes to create a WIP thread on forums I'll make sure to start one on here as well. Good luck and keep it up!

Great news!
Your maps is always from the top shelves. Can't wait.
“I think that if a fan spends their hard earned money to come to a convention or festival to meet me, they deserve to be treated like a friend. And I would not accept money for my silly little signature.”

– Jon St. John

ck3D

• Enforcer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 31, 2020, 04:39:46 PM »

Thank you very much for your kind words and heads-up about Maartens latest addition.
I'm on vacation right now....and now it seems that alien scumbags are screwing it up!  :D

I'll try to upload Maartens map tomorrow.

Take care!

My pleasure! And thanks,

Just reporting another level,

I haven't played it yet, but I just found this map from 1999 just now seeing the light of the day, apparently the author has three more of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlO3n7wUqzU

There's a download link in the description, too. Map looks good in parts, it's obviously been shown some care and it has some interesting stuff, although it also has its share of areas with poorer design and typical beginner mapper mistakes (explosions in your face, etc.).

Hope you had a great holiday!

edit - my bad - looks like that map was already released before, along with the others, with the author going by the name Cyrell at the time. They're all on Arrovf's website. I don't think he even suspects that the community has been keeping those old maps of his in a drawer or two somewhere, that's pretty cool.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 09:39:21 AM by ck3D »

Puritan

• Administrator
  • Overlord
  • Beach Patrol
    • View Profile
    • Come Get Some
« Reply #242 on: August 02, 2020, 03:31:45 PM »

edit - my bad - looks like that map was already released before, along with the others, with the author going by the name Cyrell at the time. They're all on Arrovf's website. I don't think he even suspects that the community has been keeping those old maps of his in a drawer or two somewhere, that's pretty cool.

Been at CGS a couple of years  ;)
But thanks for your effort. There's still nice oldies out there waiting to be discovered.
“I think that if a fan spends their hard earned money to come to a convention or festival to meet me, they deserve to be treated like a friend. And I would not accept money for my silly little signature.”

– Jon St. John

ck3D

• Enforcer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 03, 2020, 02:52:08 PM »

You're a better man than I am!

Ha! Yeah, lately I've been finding myself finding a lot of user map playthroughs on YouTube (it's one way to kill time while eating lunch all the while gathering inspiration I guess), I usually filter them per date to find the more recent ones and occasionally I'll run into people using the platform to advertise their maps that they don't really showcase anywhere else, it's funny. Like there's a new generation of creators who don't really know about the traditional route. Or old mappers getting the bug again and making showcase video clips with or without dev commentary. I suspect a lot of this newfound hype has to do with the recent World Tour ports such as the one on the Switch. For specific instances, I've been sharing some interesting findings in this thread: https://forums.duke4.net/topic/8858-what-have-you-been-playing-posting-about-duke-3d-maps/page__st__30 in the case of potentially unreleased stuff (such as this guy's who's making 'sequels' to Alejandro's maps), I reckon you could always get in touch with the authors for some (at least temporary) exclusivity.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 02:54:29 PM by ck3D »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.