Cyberduke --- Duke meets Neuromancer

Started by Eye del Cul, 09 December 2011, 20:00:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Eye del Cul

Hi all!

This is a Duke map that I finished last February. Hope you'll find it interesting, it's some sort of aventure in cyberspace, I wanted to build something original. There are two versions of the map: one with texts in Spanish for Spanish players, and another "international" one, with texts in English.

Some captures:

Download link:

cyduke.zip - 240 KB

MikeNorvak

Nice to see you finally release this map officially, It really worths to play it, I love it.

Forge

Post up a couple more screenshots, I can give my little writeup in last map played a facelift and a score, and when Puritan gets a chance, he can upload it to be hosted here.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Merlijn

This is a pretty cool map, the cyberworld looks different and really cool. And despite being different, the architecture and the lay-out are still very well done. :)
Gameplay is also pretty good, although it took me a while to find the keycards. So overall it's a good, original concept that has been very well executed. Recommended!  8)

Forge

Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

James

Just played it - really nice stuff! There's only been a few cyberspace maps that I can remember but your take is cool and original - I read Neuromancer many years back but I was too young to understand it then so I have to try it again some time.

I did struggle to find the keycards like Merlijn but I assumed they'd be dotted around the map rather than in one spot. that's not really a big problem however since I didn't feel frustrated and there was enough baddies around that I didn't get bored at any point. You said you finished it last febuary but I hope you're working on more stuff :)

zykoveddy

Great map with a bunch of cool ideas. Design is fresh and new, never seen anything like that in a duke map.
I think you should post this on http://forums.duke4.net if you want more people to ckeck this out.
From the flight of the seagull come the spread claws of the eagle.

MSandt

"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Trooper Dan

I almost missed this because I hadn't come here.  A very creative and refreshing map.  Unfortunately I didn't read the txt and I got stuck, but maybe tomorrow I will finish it if I have time.