What are you working on.

Started by Puritan, 15 December 2011, 13:38:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Puritan

Show off some of your work in progress here that is of a classic Duke 3D origin.
Yeah you know, Duke 3D.grp + Mapster32 only.

Something like a random screenshots thread.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

No screenshots, it's being kept under wraps, but it's worth mentioning here anyway since there's already a thread at Duke4; I've been taking part in the first TROR CBP, and it's a medium sized city map. It won't be the most detailed thing ever, but it makes heavy use of both conventional TROR, plus a few more complicated structures and tricks. It's being designed with classic textures, and regular sector based shading, but requires polymer (due to the scale of the TROR). It should be the first large TROR release that makes such large scale use of the feature, and it's a personal goal of mine to have it released by the end of the year. Then again we all know how release dates work; it'll probably end up being released in january  ::)
Wall whore.

EmericaSkater

Quote from: Micky C on  15 December 2011, 14:58:59
No screenshots, it's being kept under wraps

C'mon Micky, at least give us something. You don't wanna start looking like Jhect, do you?  ;)
ANARCHY

Micky C

Quote from: EmericaSkater on  15 December 2011, 15:01:57
C'mon Micky, at least give us something. You don't wanna start looking like Jhect, do you?  ;)

Damn, I knew it was a bad idea to say anything. You see the difference between me and Jhect is that this thing is actually going to be released not too far in the future.

Ok, tell you what, I'll post something to prove it exists. This side view mapster shot isn't so bad, it's the 45 degree top down shot that really gives you a headache.
Edit: and even though it intentionally doesn't show much, don't tell anyone I posted it, especially not Paul B. I was hoping this site is still mostly outside of the community's eye at this stage and not that many people will see it.

Wall whore.

Forge

Quote from: Micky C on  15 December 2011, 15:14:56
Damn, I knew it was a bad idea to say anything. You see the difference between me and Jhect is that this thing is actually going to be released not too far in the future.

lol

Quote from: Micky C on  15 December 2011, 15:14:56
Edit: ... I was hoping this site is still mostly outside of the community's eye at this stage and not that many people will see it.

of that, i'm sure.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Loke

Some shots of the The Thing map I showed off a while ago. Granted I've not worked on it for about 7 mo... ops, pretend you didn't hear that.

Puritan

Get back to work, you slacker!!  8)

This looks great  :)
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

I was wondering what happened to this. Finish it ya damn bum!  ;) it looks too good to go to waste

Supertanker

Figure you guys should get one screenshot that Duke4 doesn't have, even if it's relatively undetailed. (I like 3DR style.)

Crew quarters elevators. Totally not a dark, creepy area of the space station. Nope.

Puritan

Looking good, Supertanker ;)
I like that you're taking care of texturing details. ( floor texture in the doorways. The bolts  is casting  shadows the same direction as your lighting.)
And welcome aboard.
Oh when I'm old and wise

MSandt

Something as simple as that can look just as good as an über-detailed corridor.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Forge

Quote from: MSandt on  28 December 2011, 16:36:14
Something as simple as that can look just as good as an über-detailed corridor.

this

James

I prefer strong-shading to uber-detailing myself as well...it gets the point across quicker and is easier to take in with the eyes especially if you're moving at a fast pace.

Supertanker

Swell; Cherenkov Station is almost done. Just reeling in beta testers now and looking for gameplay feedback. At 555.9KB, that's my biggest map (so far). *dances*

Puritan

Cool  :)
Be sure to beta test this map in a proper way.

Oh when I'm old and wise