News:

DannyFromNewOrleans is back with a new map brimmed with action!
"Fear Of The Dark" is ready for download.

Main Menu

What are you working on.

Started by Puritan, 15 December 2011, 13:38:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Supertanker

Quote from: Puritan on  01 January 2012, 01:26:23
Cool  :)
Be sure to beta test this map in a proper way.

I'll do my best. ;) I'm in no hurry--I want to have the map polished and such before it goes into the wild. If it takes another two months or so, so be it.

Puritan

I like that.
I'm sure your next release will be a kick-ass experience!  ;)
To the trained eye - There are no coincidences
The more you see - The less it makes sense
If you can not see - You can not truly know

Micky C

Quote from: Supertanker on  01 January 2012, 01:20:38
Swell; Cherenkov Station is almost done. Just reeling in beta testers now and looking for gameplay feedback. At 555.9KB, that's my biggest map (so far). *dances*

It's still not as big as my second map ;)

But it's about quality, not quantity, and I was probably very wasteful with my walls  :P
Wall whore.

Puritan

Quote from: Micky C on  01 January 2012, 01:44:56
Quote from: Supertanker on  01 January 2012, 01:20:38
Swell; Cherenkov Station is almost done. Just reeling in beta testers now and looking for gameplay feedback. At 555.9KB, that's my biggest map (so far). *dances*
But it's about quality, not quantity, ...

My man  8)

quakis

Some of you might remember me posting a shot of some TROR test. Went back to that trying out the technique Micky C presents. Although for it to display properly, I need to use Polymer, but the results are pretty nice. Still takes a bit of getting used to TROR and it can be frustrating to use sometimes, so I have no idea whether this will actually make it into anything yet. Here's an updated screenshot of the results anyhow.

(Click to enlarge; 1920x1080)

MikeNorvak

That's fan-fucking-tastic! Not just the use of TROR but in general everything

MSandt

"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Gambini

Very nice! makes me consider using TROR sometime.

Puritan

Very nice, Quakis  ;)
Hope this turns into a map for our amusement at a time.

MikeNorvak

I made a thread at Duke4.net where you have to post a one houp map. In case some one hasn't take a look yet here's the link http://forums.duke4.net/topic/5234-1-12-hour-mapping-project/

There's some cool stuff specially Loke's and Mikko's maps. Maybe someone here feel interested to make a map.

Micky C

Quakis that is indeed some absolutely breathtaking stuff  :D
Wall whore.

Forge

Quote from: quakis on  31 January 2012, 16:11:15
Some of you might remember me posting a shot of some TROR test. Went back to that trying out the technique Micky C presents. Although for it to display properly, I need to use Polymer, but the results are pretty nice. Still takes a bit of getting used to TROR and it can be frustrating to use sometimes, so I have no idea whether this will actually make it into anything yet. Here's an updated screenshot of the results anyhow.

Pretty cool. That's the kind of stuff I wanted to make when I originally started mapping. Too bad they can't change the slope of sprites to go with it.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

MikeNorvak

Quote from: Forge on  01 February 2012, 13:27:51

Pretty cool. That's the kind of stuff I wanted to make when I originally started mapping. Too bad they can't change the slope of sprites to go with it.

I think you wanted to reply Quakis post, right?

Puritan

Quote from: Gambini on  31 January 2012, 19:05:32
Very nice! makes me consider using TROR sometime.

With your mapping skills; I can't wait  ;)

Forge

Quote from: MikeNorvak on  01 February 2012, 15:37:42
I think you wanted to reply Quakis post, right?

I did quote him. Was my reply confusing because I didn't include his screenshot?

Here's an updated screenshot of the results anyhow.

(Click to enlarge; 1920x1080)

Quote from: Forge on  01 February 2012, 13:27:51
Pretty cool. That's the kind of stuff I wanted to make when I originally started mapping. Too bad they can't change the slope of sprites as well as implementing tror.

fixed
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass