What are you working on.

Started by Puritan, 15 December 2011, 13:38:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky C

I released another mini map with classic textures, TROR and polymer lights (but with a good framerate). Play time 4-5 minutes, more info and download at Duke4.net: http://forums.duke4.net/topic/5234-1-12-hour-mapping-project/page__view__findpost__p__119311

We're waiting on one more map then we're going to touch up the maps a bit and release them as a map pack.
Wall whore.

MikeNorvak

Quote from: Micky C on  06 February 2012, 11:34:19
We're waiting on one more map [...]

Really? I didn't know :D Well there're eight maps so far plus MB's map we have nine, maybe another map more from someone else to complete ten?

Micky C

Most people who would make a map have already done so by now. Mappers have had plenty of time to announce they're making a mini map, so I've started compiling all the maps into one zip, and I've given mappers the option to do 5 minutes worth of editing to fix bugs and gameplay issues, but not add detail, which I think is fair. Still, I will hold off on releasing it just in case anyone else decides to make one.
Wall whore.

Micky C

Last call for anyone who wants to make a 1.5 hour map? Puritan, I hear you've finished alien resurrection, why not give it a go? ;)
Wall whore.

Puritan

It's not "finished".
The map itself with all areas is done.
But the polishing process will take at least 3-4 weeks. ( I only got 1-2 hours a day available for working on this site and mapping )

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Puritan

I'm currently re-building my map "Afterglow; The Scent".
This map has been a victim of two lighting changes in EDuke32  :(
The version out on the streets is almost impossible to pass due to the lighting. The level is pitch black in some areas.
The new version will hit you in a few days  :P

I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Gambini

QuoteThis map has been a victim of two lighting changes in EDuke32

I know how that feels. I still canĀ“t understand how the Eduke team being so able and dedicated can overlook this kind of stuff. It is very wrong to let the legacy support of a source port fall down. I wish they would take old school modders more seriously.

That screenshot looks pretty good btw  8)

Micky C

I'm working on a new mini map, where the player has to spiral around the cycloid emperor avoiding his rockets, with a few twists along the way. I'm not focusing much on details, the emphasis will be on the gameplay. I'm not sticking by the 1.5 hour limit, because I want to carry out the vision I have, but I'll probably only be over by half an hour anyway.

Wall whore.

Micky C

The map's been released. It takes about 3 minutes. Works fairly well in both polymer and classic, but polymer is recommended because classic has some darkness issues and for some reason my mirrors don't work in classic.

http://forums.duke4.net/topic/5234-release-mini-map-pack/page__view__findpost__p__121181

Wall whore.

EmericaSkater

Quote from: Micky C on  21 February 2012, 12:48:49

Hmm...My suggestion is that you either put some upright support beams in that window structure, or get rid of the glass wall, because the texture for it looks a tad stretched out, though shrinking it won't make it look any better.
ANARCHY

MSandt

Yeah, the glass texture never looks good when it's continuous like that.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Maarten

I guess I'm the only one that likes the glass :P IMO it looks fine..
Boo!

High Treason

Ah, well, here's a level I've just finished, but I'm not releasing it yet as it is part of a 3-level episode I am working on. Most of you probably already saw some shots over on Duke4, so you're only getting one.

The Lunar Crater

Oh, and EmericaSkater, I took your advice with the textures, I think these fit better;
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Puritan

Nice usage of the green 'ship-textures'  ;) 
Oh when I'm old and wise

EmericaSkater

Quote from: High_Treason on  22 February 2012, 16:27:09
Oh, and EmericaSkater, I took your advice with the textures, I think these fit better;
Indeed, it looks kickass now. I like the architecture in that room, too. Very good use of slopes. If you want, you can use ExtClut to swap pallets on those walls, so they can be a kind of greyish color like the other shots, but it looks just fine as is. 
ANARCHY