What are you working on.

Started by Puritan, 15 December 2011, 13:38:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanek

Quote from: Forge on  02 April 2012, 00:35:42
This is the "home" of the current CBP 8, but the call for mappers mainly went out at Duke4. You could do the same. Recruit at Duke4 and host here where the distractions are fewer.
Thanks for the suggest. I don't even registered there, but I try to find someone who can help me.

Forge

Several of the people who worked on the project have accounts at Duke4, maybe one of them could initiate a recruiting campaign.

If you get all the pieces together let me know and I can set up a private board for your project.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

methy

Looks really good.

I looked at the screenshots before looking at who made the post and because it was so varied, as well as because of the style of some of the screenshots, I was expecting them to be something new from Zaxtor.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

High Treason

Yeah, Sanek, that stuff does look good, especially the forest. I notice "Gearbox Studios" in one of the pics, does that mean the player would get to shove a rocket up Randy Pitchfork's butt? Meh, he'd probably enjoy that anyway.

I took a break and went back to writing, then I figured out how to lengthen my map and keep it interesting, it's quite non-linear in design anyway, so it's probably best that it's not too big. The general layout is done, the level actually ends off to the left of these shots, basic shading is there ready to be expanded upon the detail, enemy and item placement is yet to be added. I want some weird structures protruding from the space station, you know the sort, radio antennas and such.

This is a sattelite station the player has to visit at some point in the map due to fictional objectives, of course, the objective is pretty much just Duke: find keys kill aliens. There's actually something I've never seen done with Duke3D before that happens involving the space station exterior, but I won't spoil it.

Just to give you the general idea of the map's size and layout, there were only two rooms when I took the shot of the computer room, which were the computer room and the "hub" that was taken a month before, I'm quite pleased with the pace I can work at now. The sattelite station is in the triangular sector at the bottom of the screen, the sector this is within has an interesting bug in that when the player jumps on it, it will raise up to slightly higher than the lowest neighbouring floor, it is not tagged and there are no SE sprites in it. I have never encountered this bug before though I believe it is related to Seenine and Master Switches (Also not present in that sector) and I had to make a bodge to fix it (hence some nonsensical sectors being there) - I'm still trying to track the root of the problem down though, if anyone is interested in bugs I will upload a buggy version after I release this which is probably a fer months away given that I have a whole other level to build.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Forge

"...it will raise up to slightly higher than the lowest neighbouring floor, it is not tagged and there are no SE sprites in it. I have never encountered this bug before though..."

touchplates not on the floor can cause this

High Treason

I did not know this, I shall remember it.

There are no sprites at all in this sector, but I do have a touchplate that misbehaves... Actually, that touchplate is on a convair belt sector that leads into that one, perhaps that has something to do with it. I will attempt to move it next time I fire the editor up.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Puritan

Yep, Forge is right. Touchplates can mess up the elevation in Build.

Your screenies are looking good  ;) ...the same goes for Sanek's!
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Sanek

High_Treason
MSandt
Puritan

Thanks for good response!

Quote from: High_Treason on  03 April 2012, 22:48:22
Yeah, Sanek, that stuff does look good, especially the forest. I notice "Gearbox Studios" in one of the pics, does that mean the player would get to shove a rocket up Randy Pitchfork's butt? Meh, he'd probably enjoy that anyway.
Probably ;). That map was originally started by Merlijn and MRCK. They gave that map to me, but quite soon they, as all, leave the project.

High_Treason, nice screenshots! Another good space map to come :)!

And...hm...Forge, probably I don't understand something, but I feel that I can't post anything on Duke4.

[attachment deleted by admin]

MSandt

Nothing about that indicates that you can't post.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Forge

Quote from: Sanek on  05 April 2012, 22:58:06
And...hm...Forge, probably I don't understand something, but I feel that I can't post anything on Duke4.

I guessed you didn't want to post at Duke4 for whatever your personal reasons are.

I was suggesting getting one of the people you listed as working on the project (Merlijn, MRCK(ck3d), Mr. Ouja, Mike Norvak, and Lezing) to start a thread at Duke4 to get more people involved. Of the 5 people listed, I know at least four of them have accounts at Duke4.

Sanek

Quote from: Forge on  06 April 2012, 01:30:27
I guessed you didn't want to post at Duke4 for whatever your personal reasons are.
No, I want to post, but I can't! I have my account, but can't create posts, topics and even PM's! I don't know why ???!

MSandt

Quote from: Sanek on  06 April 2012, 06:31:46
Quote from: Forge on  06 April 2012, 01:30:27
No, I want to post, but I can't! I have my account, but can't create posts, topics and even PM's! I don't know why ???!

It says something about validation in the upper right corner. Maybe you didn't activate your account or something?
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Forge

Trooper Dan is a mod there. If there's more to it than what Mikko said, maybe he can look into it.

Sanek

Quote from: MSandt on  06 April 2012, 11:11:17
It says something about validation in the upper right corner. Maybe you didn't activate your account or something?
I'm already activate account and do all for validation, but I still can't post anything!

Forge