What are you working on.

Started by Puritan, 15 December 2011, 13:38:53

Previous topic - Next topic

David B.

Hi, I'm back !

My work is at least finished.

This map (around 20 min playing time) is almost ready for beta testing.

I hope it will enrich the large existing collection and revitalise interests for duke's innovations. You should like this fresh new level.

(In the meantime, I tried parkade in Polymer and it took so much resources I couldn't really play with it.
Nevertheless it's a huge - so amazing - work. Hope TROR will be optimized in a near future).

In a few days, I'll post in the beta testing thread for contribution  ;)

David B.

Micky C

The bad performance has nothing to do with TROR, it's polymer itself that's badly optimised. I'm glad you're interested in playing Parkade, perhaps try typing "r_pr_lighting 0" into the console to disable polymer lights, which will boost the framerate. Typing the same thing but with a 1 instead of a 0 will re-enble the lights. Try the latest eduke32 as well: http://dukeworld.duke4.net/eduke32/synthesis/20120507-2647/

TROR also works in the classic renderer (as long as you're not making something as uber-complicated as Parkade) in case you want to use it in one of your maps.

Can you post up some screenshots of your latest map? You can't just mention it and not let us see it  ;)
Wall whore.

David B.

Quote from: Micky C on  12 May 2012, 12:54:34
Can you post up some screenshots of your latest map? You can't just mention it and not let us see it  ;)

Yes, I'm going to make a new thread for that ; I need a beta tester.

David B.

Puritan

Well here I go again.
The third chapter in the Afterglow series is on the way.

This is a snapshot from the starting area. A wastewater facility.

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

quakis

It's nice to see you're aiming for a slightly non-typical visual design for that theme, while using familiar textures.

Puritan

Yeah, I like unorthodox usage of colors/textures.
Maybe because I'm from a family of artists. :P

Also the theme of this map is a bit rare: Industrial / nature / wasteland...
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

Just messing around a bit, seeing how practical a map with multiple 3D domes would be. Two domes and a connecting hallway take up 800 walls. I've experimented with the TROR bubble (my coining of this construction) before, but with recent eduke developments and my increased TROR skill level since then now make it much easier and faster.

It'd be cool to have a map where you can see other domes from inside (or on top of) a dome. And move between them with trains/subways.

Wall whore.

ck3D

two maps i haven't touched in months, both completed around the 20 / 25% mark i would say, not sure if i will ever finish them but i would like to, no screens, i do not want to post them if you are not 100% sure of getting the chance to play the map one day

Puritan

Why don't you merge them together, then you'll have one map that is 45% done  ;D
It's strange.... the Build editor is getting under your skin. I've said many times to myself that this is my final map. Then after few months....

And welcome aboard, ck3d  ;)
Oh when I'm old and wise

Sanek

Hi all.
Well, sadly, I closed the unnamed big project, because I can't find enough people for work on it. But I just want announce that I worked on my one map. This is another typical city map, like "Dayz", but I think that I still can make the "ok" type of maps. I don't have to release anything about two years, and I think that I finally need a comeback.
Mapping veteran, Joseph Grant(helped to design the bugs in SST), who worked as the "writer" on unnamed big project, suggested the general idea to me. Well, wait for some screenshots later, and for release in one of the next month's. Can sent to someome the first version.

Arghantyl

Hey guys,i need your help.

I do not arrive to finish my map (75 percent done ) and now i know why.
No one gave me his  opinion about the entire work and i desperately need it.

Is it some brave hearts there to help an old and honnest fellow to finish his work ?
Another day,another challenge.

Micky C

I don't understand what your post is about  ???
Wall whore.

Gambini

He says having a map about 75% done. And that he can´t get around finishing it because he hasn´t got any feedback yet. So, he´s asking for a generous soul to give a look at his map.

Micky C

Oh, right. His use of the past tense confused me.

@Arghantyl I'll look at the map and offer improvements/ideas if you want.
Wall whore.

Puritan

Oh when I'm old and wise