What are you working on.

Started by Puritan, 15 December 2011, 13:38:53

Previous topic - Next topic

DavoX

I love the way you produce your environments Merlijn.

Merlijn

Thanks, guys. Feels to good to work on a red-map again. :)

Quote from: High Treason on  10 June 2013, 23:18:27
no offense but Red1 always felt like a misfit because the other maps were better made and overshadowed it somewhat.

None taken, it was one of my first maps and by todays standards it's pretty crappy. :P

Gambini

Yeah, it sucks man. I never had the balls to say it out open. But now that you´re talking about it I have to agree! 

not really

Micky C

You guys should have seen the look on my face the first time I played Red 1. It was this amazingly hyped up series of maps, and when I tried playing it... wow... biggest mapping letdown ever  :o
Wall whore.

Merlijn

Haha, I hope it didn't stop you from playing the rest though.. it gets better after that. ;)

Back in the day, the map was named Redduke/The long road, so people had trouble finding it. Maybe it should have stayed that way.  ;D

Sanek

Quote from: Micky C on  12 June 2013, 02:56:49
biggest mapping letdown ever  :o
Well, indeed it was the worst map that Merlijn produced, but when I first got the access to the internet, this map looks OK for me after playing maps from "Nuke It" CD for years...
Anyway, Merlijn's shots looks very good, on par with the last Red map (which was released 8 years ago!).

Damn, with Merlijn's Red remake, ck3D's snow city map (and now with new BobSP epic) it seems that community will have really HOT summer! 8)

Merlijn

Yeah, it's cool to see several 'veterans' return with at least one more release. :)

Once Red1 is done, the time span between the first and the last sector will roughly be 7 years lol.

Arghantyl

Men, i need help.
Any suggestions for this bar ( it 's on a vacation boat) ?
I'm lacking of ideas  :(

[attachment deleted by admin]
Another day,another challenge.

Forge

Quote from: Arghantyl on  27 June 2013, 13:06:20
Men, i need help.
Any suggestions for this bar ( it 's on a vacation boat) ?
I'm lacking of ideas  :(
trimwork and detailing along the walls and ceiling
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Micky C

Yeah there's nothing particularly lacking about it, just add a few things to the walls, maybe posters or 3D sprite work of cabinets. And add some lights to the ceilings which will break up the monotony and allow you to add shading and therefore contrast to the floor. Also try havin some decorations hang from the ceiling to make it more festive.
Wall whore.

ck3D

update,

Quote from: ck3D on  30 May 2013, 02:59:02
about my map, every single indoor location is now 100% done. however, in addition to the unreachable areas surrounding the map i have a fairly time-consuming last minute idea to implement, and i want to take my time to throw it in so that it looks right, and i have to think about the gameplay more accurately as well. i am leaving in a couple of hours for 15 days, but i will get some time to work some more on this map when i come back. hopefully that will be enough for me to finish and release it.

it just so happens i have been doing other things instead, on the other hand i will have plenty of spare time in august, which should be more than enough to finish the map and maybe even start (and finish ?) working on more stuff, everytime i am away from the editor for a while i get some neat ideas and actually building the stuff i have in mind is not the most time-consuming part of the process, as long as i already have it all planned out

High Treason

Attempting to make buildings less boring, this may or may not end up as a map. Not yet finished, needs fine tuning.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

DavoX

Very cool, not many people try to make a car entrance on the curb like you did :P

Merlijn

Looks good, maybe you could also experiment with different heights and shapes? For example, the front of the building could be one story higher then the 2 wings. Little things like that can make all the difference.  :) (Lorch 2 is a good recent example of this),

I might as well give a little update on red 1: I'm on holiday the next week, but progress is still going steady. I have an idea for the ending which has to be implemented, I hope I'm able to do so after my holiday. After that, it's basically just finetuning and adding viewscreen messages.

I'm aiming for a release in august (if life doesn't get in the way heh  :P).

underTaker

If everybody is writing here, so will I. I'm currently working on my fifth map. That's all i got to say - no screens, no spoilers - just wanted to say I will release something, but I am so lazy, it may take some time.