What are you working on.

Started by Puritan, 15 December 2011, 13:38:53

Previous topic - Next topic

ck3D

oh and i have good news, i just managed to make the sound work on my train. the ambient sound method eventually worked (this is what was used in warzone by the way), it just didn't occur to me that the normal subway sound i was originally going for could not be ambient sound compatible. i was dead certain it was for some reason, and it wasn't, so obviously it would not play. silly me

ck3D

map is done with the exception of one simple effect and the boss fight, both of which should be very easy to implement - i originally wanted a complex boss fight involving continuous sequences of teleporting for both the boss and the player, and / or maybe even make a new 'organic' boss out of sectors and sprites involving shooters and whatnot, but i couldn't get results that were as satisfying as i had pictured things, so i ended up scratching those ideas. consequently i will just keep things simple. the rest of the map is 'different' enough... expect a release sometime within the next two days

Merlijn

Awesome - looking forward to playing it! And I love warzone, so if this map is like that - all the better.  :)

ck3D

some old AMC regulars might remember that screenshot, it is from a map i was working on back in the mid 2000's. I just found the screenshot again on an old photobucket account of mine, it was supposed to be a remake of my anarchy city III level.

the map itself is lost forever as well as few others i had started in the same time span (which is a shame because they all had some stuff i was stoked on), but seeing that shot so many years later encouraged me to try to remake that map again, i will probably give it a go soon, i think i could do a lot better nowadays too since my build skills have improved since then, i will post a screenshot of the new version if i can ever come up with anything convincing.

i also have another map i started two years ago and never finished with a lot of vertical action that i really have to get it over with as well, but i am not sure i will have the time for that anytime soon

[attachment deleted by admin]

Puritan

That's cool, Aymeric  :)
Trying to recreate a map only from a screenshot.
I'll bet you can do it.
As your building goes on, some flashback memories from that period might appear  ;)
To the trained eye - There are no coincidences
The more you see - The less it makes sense
If you can not see - You can not truly know

quakis

I remember that and I'm darn certain you sent me a copy of it once, way back. Having doubts, but there could be a chance I had it backed up with a bunch of other stuff when I used to burn so many backup CDs around that time. I do remember browsing through a bunch of my old crap quite a while ago and some of your work was mixed in there (ex. a failed collaboration map we started). If I happen to actually come across it, I'll send it your way even if for nostalgia's sake.

quakis

Alright, false alarm. Checked through a ton of CDs and couldn't find it. Only that other map I mentioned which isn't worth much. Ah well.

ck3D

thank you for going through all the trouble man but it really wasn't worth it, it's probably going to take me 10 minutes tops to recreate that area in mapster32 and build from it. i appreciate that you toom the time to look through all your old backups though, if you have the time to send me that stuff i am down to check it out for nostalgia's skate, i remember we were sending each other a lot of maps back and forth at the time !

ck3D

just yesterday i started a new map with very lo-fi aesthetics and a minimal amount of detailing in the same vein as wide awake. it's real fun to make and i am making good progress, i would like it to be a speed map kind of thing but thing is i am leaving back home in two days and won't be able to touch the map anymore for a while if i don't finish it by then (which is very unlikely). i have no clue as to where this is going to go but i am having fun with it right now

Merlijn

Cool ck3d! Although I also liked your return to more detailled design in anarchy x (that one actually features some of your best design work, IMO).

Here's some more red1 screens, it's almost done but I have little spare time these days. It's slowly getting closer and closer to the finish line though, and I think (or at least I hope) it will be worth the wait. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Puritan

I'm waiting for this release  :)

Maybe just a little shading on the last two screenshots ?
The more you see - The less it makes sense
If you can not see - You can not truly know

Forge

Quote from: Merlijn on  24 August 2013, 11:46:42
... I have little spare time these days.
groupies will always be there, but there's only one Duke3D.
Mick Jagger is like 371 years old and still has groupies, so make some time sucka
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Gambini

Absolutely love it, Merljin. I´m not playing Duke at all these days but that map won´t survive my claws.

Too bad The Rock lost lot of customers with the opening of Molvania Hospital´s cafeteria  ;D

DavoX

Yes yes YES! Release it now damnit!  ;D

quakis

And to think I released that effortless abomination called QRed. :P

The remake is coming along nicely and I'm liking your current style here, it appears tidier.