News:

DannyFromNewOrleans is back with a new map brimmed with action!
"Fear Of The Dark" is ready for download.

Main Menu

What are you working on.

Started by Puritan, 15 December 2011, 13:38:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlijn

None of the beta-testers found anything major, so now all that needs to be finished is the music and some minor touch-ups. If all goes well, I will release the map this weekend. :)

ck3D

i am finally going to have some time to work on maps this month... here is a link to two screenshots http://forums.duke4.net/topic/1093-what-are-you-working-on-for-duke-right-now/page__st__5190__gopid__177560#entry177560 the black and white (palette 7) map is maybe 15% done, the other one is 90% done i have been working on it for only two days... and i have another one that i started three years ago that i would like to finish but that one is too ambitious so i don't know.

Forge

a couple more ck3d maps occupying my hard drive is always a good thing
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

To the trained eye - There are no coincidences
The more you see - The less it makes sense
If you can not see - You can not truly know

ck3D

i will try to finish the one that's almost done tonight then, all that is left for me to implement in that one is some enemy placement !

i was actually thinking of holding onto it for a while then release a bunch of speed maps like this as an episode, like a metropolitan mayhem 2 of some sort, all by myself or with contributors. but i don't think i care enough about making something like that to bother, i'd rather release the maps as they get done. not many maps have been released as of late either (a stark contrast with this summer), so might as well do my share to contribute and water the plants !

High Treason

Finally decided to get back to work, we won't see this map until next year now, but whatever, I'm not on any schedule.

Opposite ends of a corridor, one floor of a four-floor industrial building. May go for more traditional elevators with this though I have yet to decide. It will depend mostly on how likely I think a player is to need to move between floors.

The area is early in it's development, so detailing and fine adjustments have yet to be made.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

ck3D

Puritan

Looking forward to this one  ;)
The more you see - The less it makes sense
If you can not see - You can not truly know

Forge

DavoX

The kind of maps I like to see  8)

ck3D

'black and white' map i posted a screenshot of earlier in this thread when it was still in its early stages is slowly coming together. tomorrow is my last day of vacation and i am not going to be able to touch mapster again for a while after that so i am going to try to get it out of the way as fast as i can, i don't want to rush things though... it's around the 400-sector mark so far, i only have a few buildings left to add, then the gameplay and everything. it looks and feels very 'different'...

Forge

this year's starting out with some nice prospects

Fernando

I wasn't originally going to announce it yet, but this year will begin with the development of FM3X: Anarchy Village, the final 1.3D episode from my FM series.
At the moment, just the first level is complete, but if anyone wants to help me in beta testing and quality assurance, let me know please.

ck3D

Quote from: ck3D on  01 January 2014, 22:46:13
'black and white' map i posted a screenshot of earlier in this thread when it was still in its early stages is slowly coming together. tomorrow is my last day of vacation and i am not going to be able to touch mapster again for a while after that so i am going to try to get it out of the way as fast as i can, i don't want to rush things though... it's around the 400-sector mark so far, i only have a few buildings left to add, then the gameplay and everything. it looks and feels very 'different'...

i miserably failed. i got caught up in way too many things to do before the end of my vacation time and didn't get to finish the map on time - i'd say there is approximately 10 or 15 hours of mapping left to do on it. i will try to squeeze some mapping time here and there sometime during the upcoming few weeks and see what happens, but it's really hard for me to find any spare time to put into duke 3d when i am not back in my hometown for holidays.

methy

Quote from: ck3D on  01 January 2014, 22:46:13

Is there supposed to be a screenshot with this message? I don't see anything :P or maybe not... Have you had time to prepare your maps for Megaton's workshop? also the musics do work in the latest beta of it now so it should be avalaible soon to everybody. They have to be in .ogg though and it has to have the same filename as the map.

I myself have been working on a spacetation map which I intend to keep simple and not too long. Not a good idea to start ANOTHER new map even though I have like, what, 5 or 6 maps started and not finished already... But I felt like building something totally different. I want 2014 to be more active in terms of creativity in general for me than for 2013. MAYBE most of these maps will someday end up making an episode but that's a long way ahed. No screenshot  ;D
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games