What are you working on.

Started by Puritan, 15 December 2011, 13:38:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Forge

it's a hallway.

agree that stronger lighting/shading contrast would make it look better. right now it looks kinda washed out.

i think it might look a little better if you swap the floor and ceiling textures as well
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Captain Massive

After a 15 year hiatus I'm working on a new map.

Previous credits include Star Ship Troopers TC & MapFAQ although to be fair I didn't spend to much time on SST, all other works were lost before I could upload them due to my computer dying.

I'm around 40% done 7969 walls so far.

Pics can be found here Hogwash.map

Massive Out....

Forge

several interesting looking shots. i like how you took the time to implement sector shading as well as using polymer lights. looks way better and less 'plastic' than those maps that depend soley on the polymer lights.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Captain Massive

Thanks  :) but to be honest I only just discovered the polymer lights all shading was done beforehand and lightly in most areas since I'm using a visibility of 16 in allot of places but shaded none the less.

I forgot to mention its an underwater base I also left out allot of pics like the submarine bay for example since its largely unfinished.

I still have a long long way to go still, like trying to find a way too have an airlock and other water affects present on the map since it would be a missed opportunity not to do so.
Massive Out....

Puritan

Hi and welcome aboard.

The shots looks promising.
Too much colored lights on a couple of 'em maybe?

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Captain Massive

I see what you mean about the bathroom entrance being to intense, the pink and green need to stay or it breaks the illusion of a men's/woman's quarters maybe less of hot pink though.

Fixed 8)

Massive Out....

Sanek

15 years after Duke's mission on planet Taygeta, he have to return here to eliminate these alien bastards once again! This is an old, abandoned map of mine, which I started back in 2010, but skipped then. I think it's time to continute it, after all these years...a sort of  tribue to one of my favorite classic maps...

Coming soon

Puritan

@Captain Massive: Looks much better now.

@Sanek: Some of 'em shots looks rather nice. Keep it up.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

Nice to see you fixed the name Sanek  :P

Captain Massive, what made you decide to get back into mapping?
Wall whore.

Captain Massive

Quote from: Micky C on  13 October 2014, 15:00:18
Captain Massive, what made you decide to get back into mapping?

Welp since Microsoft bought Minecraft I found myself without a game I was interested in, so I to tried out Brutal Doom which is crazy fun.
I played around with the Doom Builder for a bit and got frustrated with its lack of slopes and such, so I looked over at my book shelf and staring back at me was The Duke Nukem Level Design Handbook I bought forever ago all beat up missing its cover & my kids drew all over it, its seen better days but still readable.

That pretty much sums it up, plus loosing all my old work before I could publish it made me want to put something out there.
Massive Out....

Micky C

I've never seen any of those handbooks, but if you want a good guide, they don't get any better than this: http://infosuite.duke4.net/

Might also want to have a skim of this in case there's anything you're not aware of: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vII1ILXvNjCYhdo-As7ndoKUbeXnHW8elS4ieZWWWTw/edit?usp=sharing
Wall whore.

Captain Massive

Quote from: Micky C on  14 October 2014, 01:20:57
I've never seen any of those handbooks, but if you want a good guide, they don't get any better than this: http://infosuite.duke4.net/

Might also want to have a skim of this in case there's anything you're not aware of: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vII1ILXvNjCYhdo-As7ndoKUbeXnHW8elS4ieZWWWTw/edit?usp=sharing

Your guide was very helpfull I read it weeks ago it's how I learned about polymer lights and its very well written, Infosuite on the otherhand with its (s) channel (a) channel, don't change that channel-channel has me pulling my hair out, it's tutorial map on the plus side is very informative, even though I'm still struggling with the airlock and two way train timers.

Your guide also taught me about invisible and noshade sprites among other things, thanks for writing it.
Massive Out....

Mister Sinister

This is the last screenshot I will post, because I'm making progress really fast and don't want to spoil too much.
Gadji beri bimba clandridi
Lauli lonni cadori gadjam
A bim beri glassala glandride
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

Micky C

Looks solid. Not many people seem to make space station maps these days. Although to be fair they're harder to do well because the available textures are relatively generic.
Wall whore.

Captain Massive

Hogwash.map is almost complete it should be ready by the end of the week.

I am just adding the monitors and respawns at this stage, once finished it should be ready for beta test.

Just one thing I gotta ask.

Is there a preferred place to upload beta files? ftp.cdrom.com is the last site I used, and is long gone.

Massive Out....