What are you working on.

Started by Puritan, 15 December 2011, 13:38:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky C

Sendspace is good for short-term files (they get deleted after a while). But mediafire is really good too. They're both free. Might as well go with mediafire.
Wall whore.

Captain Massive

Thanks Sendspace it is then https://www.sendspace.com/file/kcrob3

I pressed on got the Beta done early, hope ya'll like it.
Massive Out....

Arghantyl

My last map of the year will be another temple structure dedicated to cooperation games  8)

This time,the gameplay revolves more about exploration since you have to find 4 cards to acceed to the other part of the level but it keeps tough the centered layout which make the good point of Damnation.

I will also experiment new ways of fight instead of stack up armies of aliens in the same arena.
It will make certainly the experience more smoothy for solo gaming  ;D
Another day,another challenge.

ck3D

i have just resumed working on a single player user map i started back in 2010, then more or less left aside for a couple of years due to lack of inspiration and spare time, i am going to have some spare time this month so hopefully i can put it to good use and release it soon, no screenshots yet but it's about 500 sectors big so far and i have a pretty clear idea of what i want to implement next so it shouldn't take too long to complete

Micky C

Made some generic high-tech themed stuff for a possible new community project I'm working on. At the moment I'm just building random areas and hoping that some idea will pop into my head where I can stick it all together.

Wall whore.

Puritan

Looks like a nice base for a map.
Keep up the steam.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

Quote from: Micky C on  17 December 2014, 07:28:53
Made some generic high-tech themed stuff for a possible new community project I'm working on. At the moment I'm just building random areas and hoping that some idea will pop into my head where I can stick it all together.
....or you can quite fiddling around and finally make a new solo release
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Micky C

There have already been some private talks for a new community episode which this will go towards, do you want me to abandon the project? I don't see a massive deal with not having a completely standalone single vanilla map of recent years. This map will be completely made by me, as well as a few other maps I've been working on.
Wall whore.

Forge

Quote from: Micky C on  18 December 2014, 11:22:22
I don't see a massive deal with not having a completely standalone single vanilla map of recent years.
says the guy who complains about the map on his m.o.m. page

Quote from: Micky C on  01 December 2014, 00:14:43
Does my best map really have to be Libraryl though?
why yes Virginia, apparently it does.

ck3D

tried to promise myself that i wouldn't post a screenshot, but whatever. going to have to hype this up at some point anyway

Micky C

The destruction in the building looks nice, but I'm guessing the surroundings aren't quite finished?

Quote from: Forge on  18 December 2014, 14:00:55
says the guy who complains about the map on his m.o.m. page

That was just one post. Anyone who bothers to dig though my projects will see that I've done a number of quality projects (a best map score of 85 is relatively low for mapper of the month). It's just not worth the effort of building a whole quality map in vanilla duke just to replace libraryl on that page. I'm already having inspiration trouble with this potential CBP map, which is just as much due to the lack of additional effects/controls as it is the textures which come with working on a TC. My mapping time is best spent where it has the highest potential.
Wall whore.

ck3D

i need to add a few minor touches of detailing (cars, subtle trimming) to the surrounding block and implement the actual action (monsters and all - expect something quite unorthodox once again) but otherwise yes, the area is globally finished. you can't tell from a 'still' screenshot, but the buildings around the main area all slowly collapse / sink into the bright green lava thing surrounding the playable zone. the player can't exit the block, the aliens have placed all kinds of forcefields around the street itself (the screenshot is taken from an unreachable place) ; monsters regularly respawn from out of that zone though, and can get to the player as though they were immune to the forcefields (one-sided blocked walls). map theme is the end of the world, earth is being destroyed and the only (humorous) reason why the aliens can't seem to take duke's block down as well will remain a surprise for now.

i am kind of making it a point to keep that incredibly big, open block with a tall-ass building on the bland / vanilla style, because the few interiors i have built are very detailed and more cramped and for some odd reason, the contrast between both styles feels pretty amazing to me. not like any player is going to have the time to nitpick about a lack of detail outdoors anyway considering the type of gameplay i want to implement.

also the destroyed building in the center of the screenshot is complete with five different floors you can visit, and more generally this urban piece is only going to be about a fifth (?) of the map, maybe even less. the rest of scenery is going to be a lot different, also from everything people have got used to seeing in my maps for over a decade

Micky C

I like the premise and ideas already  :D

I'm trying to go for a less-is-more approach with my own map. Hopefully it pays off. Maybe I might reach out to another mapper to check my project out at various milestones so that I can correct any issues as they come up rather than realize I did it all wrong at the end.
Wall whore.

Forge

Quote from: ck3D on  19 December 2014, 10:40:40
tried to promise myself that i wouldn't post a screenshot, but whatever. going to have to hype this up at some point anyway
is that the skyscraper map you sent me a looong time ago? quite the transformation if it is. looking promisingly fun.

ck3D

yes, same map. you were the one whose feedback inspired me to keep going with this map a while ago, actually ; i was about to abandon it at some point, then after i sent it to you, hearing your thoughts (notably regarding the type of progression that you were expecting to find in such a level) gave me lots of new ideas, which i am still expanding on today.

it took me a while to get back to that one, due to general lack of spare time and other projects i'd have more fun working on on the rare occasions i'd get to map ; but i just so happen to have a shitload of spare time this month and not much else to work on, which drew me to it again and now i am kind of all tangled up in the mapping spiral. i am having fun taking this closer and closer to completion, i hope you guys will have fun playing it as well when it comes out