What are you working on.

Started by Puritan, 15 December 2011, 13:38:53

Previous topic - Next topic

ck3D

T-Rex

I would appreciate some help in knowing how to upload a mod onto CGS. I feel primed to upload a Duke TC, hopefully by the end of this month. I won't spoil anything, but let me share a couple of teasers, featuring a couple of areas of the first episode's first level. Based on a classic first person shooter by id Software.  :)
The Tenacious and Curious!

Puritan

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Merlijn

Another WIP shot, the city's getting pretty big and it's shaping up quite nicely IMO. :)

This will be the last shot until the map is nearly completed.

Puritan

Reminds me a little bit of Roch Island from that shot.
Can't wait  :)
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

MSandt

Have you considered going for a rainier theme with the rainy clouds and all? (Remember you can easily change the sky texture all over the map with one key combo.)
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Merlijn

What was the combo? Sorry, I'm sort of relearning all the features.. ;)

I might experiment with it after all the design is done.
But I'm pretty satisfied with this sky, it's supposed to be a bit ominous (like you're in the aftermath of a heavy thunderstorm).

And I don't think actual rain would really fit the map, for reasons I can't talk about just yet. ;)

quakis

Quote from: Merlijn on  12 March 2016, 15:03:37What was the combo? Sorry, I'm sort of relearning all the features.. ;)

Most effective method I consider is copying the new sky texture in any sector to clipboard and press CTRL + ENTER on said sky. That will ensure all properties (shade/pal) get transferred. You might have to do it a few times in places the sky isn't fully connected.

ALT + C will replace all textures currently pointed at with clipboard copy, but doesn't transfer any properties over.

Hope that helps.

Merlijn

Forge

Quote from: Merlijn on  11 March 2016, 20:46:14
Another WIP shot, the city's getting pretty big and it's shaping up quite nicely IMO. :)

This will be the last shot until the map is nearly completed.
Nice.
like the guy hanging himself out the window too
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

sT1LL_WAnTeD

2 different projects in the making.

Merlijn

My map is nearly done, I almost hit the wall limit so I'm on the final stages.
Needless to say, it became a pretty damn big map. :)

I expect to release it in September.

Last screenshots:

Maarten

I've been building some stuff since the end of August..
Boo!

Puritan

Man, the Oostrum bros are productive this fall.
Looking forward to this level  :)
Oh when I'm old and wise

Maarten

Some stuff :) Right now over 1050 sectors.
Boo!