News:

DannyFromNewOrleans is back with a new map brimmed with action!
"Fear Of The Dark" is ready for download.

Main Menu

What are you working on now?

Started by Puritan, 15 December 2011, 13:42:27

Previous topic - Next topic

zykoveddy

From the flight of the seagull come the spread claws of the eagle.

Mister Sinister

Gadji beri bimba clandridi
Lauli lonni cadori gadjam
A bim beri glassala glandride
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

Forge

The atmosphere looks nice.

I would change a couple things though if it were me:

texture the front of the cinema with something else and use a sprite for the now playing sign instead of having it repeat 3 times

use a different texture for the sidewalks and use a sprite(s) for the star(s) instead of having whole sidewalks full of stars

just my opinion
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

...and align the wooden texture in the door frames.
Any working title for this map?  ;)
To the trained eye - There are no coincidences
The more you see - The less it makes sense
If you can not see - You can not truly know

Mister Sinister

Quote from: Forge on  18 June 2012, 18:05:10
The atmosphere looks nice.

I would change a couple things though if it were me:

texture the front of the cinema with something else and use a sprite for the now playing sign instead of having it repeat 3 times

Well, yeah, I actually wanted to, but forgot. But thank you :)

Quote from: Puritan on  18 June 2012, 18:46:01
...and align the wooden texture in the door frames.
Any working title for this map?  ;)

grey lights
Gadji beri bimba clandridi
Lauli lonni cadori gadjam
A bim beri glassala glandride
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

MSandt

"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Supertanker

OMG CROSSPOSTING *hides*

No shading, just goofing off, I want to finish a map before school starts again.

MSandt

I love it, especially with that sky.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Puritan

Looks promising.
Keep it coming our way  ;)

Forge

Quote from: Supertanker on  04 July 2012, 22:12:52
No shading, just goofing off, I want to finish a map before school starts again.

if this is goofing off, your more serious stuff is probably crazy good

MikeNorvak

Sweet Roch style, I miss that kind of maps. Looks very promising!!

reflex17

dammit i lost internet connection for a few months, just wanted to say i haven't disappeared hehehe

progress goes steady on HPlovecraft map, but i've mostly been working on marsbase 2, and it's turning out pretty well so far... it has a similar textural feel to the first map but is much more expansive, i deliberately held back on the first map in order to make it rather claustrophobic but for marsbase2 i'm really 'stretching out'. instead of a dark and twisting secret base this next map will be more of a large transportation hub for the mars colony, and i also hope to include much more outdoor exploration as compared to LTTM

screenshots soon!

Puritan

Quote from: reflex17 on  08 July 2012, 17:37:09
dammit i lost internet connection for a few months, just wanted to say i haven't disappeared hehehe

For a moment I started to get worried  ;)
I'm very curious about your new maps, especially the sequel to Marsbase.

reflex17

i hope to set your curiosity to rest! lately i've been trying to build as quickly as possible, i have so many plans for this episode and i really don't want it to die. marsbase 2 will be called "Delta Station Down" and the title alone holds the theme. It will be similar to the first in the way that most things are broken/under construction, i really like challenging the player to find their way through. where the first level required almost constant caution from the player because of pit traps etc. i want DSD to give more room to run around, getting more and more expansive as the level goes on. the balance between indoor/outdoor is something i consider quite heavily, and where the first map was 80/20 split i think the next one will be closer to 50/50 or so.

gotta go to work now but i have a day off tomorrow, i hope to get some screens up to give an idea of what it looks like :)

Forge

I'm currently available for beta-testing when it's at that stage. I have a knack for finding the unusual, but I would suggest a second opinion. Sometimes I miss the obvious.