What are you working on now?

Started by Puritan, 15 December 2011, 13:42:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky C

I was just messing around in mapster then realized that the scene I made looks quite a bit like that lift area in DNF when you're rising up to the top of the Lady Killer hotel to fight the mothership.

Wall whore.

pbolduc

I've been keeping an eye on the forums while visiting and staying in the Philippines. The plane ride sucked! No one should ever have to experience riding on a plane for 14 hrs its not fun.

I just want to say Micky that screenshot is awesome I hope you find a map to put that in and David keep up the great work. You guys really have a knack for adding so much environment and realism to these Duke maps. I wish I had that sort of eye when it comes to realism & detailing. Anyway, when I return to mapping I plan on spending more time at scent-88 site instead of at the duke4.net forums. I have found there are a few people there that seem to ruin threads and I've noticed that attitude doesn't exist here which is really refreshing.

I'm looking forward to joining this community more exclusively then before. Take care guys and talk to you all in late April when I return home after which i'll resume my projects and I'll be keen to working with someone on a new City Eduke map if anyone is interested. Oh if anyone cares to know the reason why I am so far from home is because My wedding is coming up April 7th here in the Philippines! Amazing women is this country. =)

Puritan

Man, you're far away  ;D
Congratulations with your upcoming wedding!
And thanks for your kind words.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

David B.

Congratulations Paul.

I'm also glad to hear you appreciate this forum and pay attention, I have the same feeling about friendliness of those coming here and I don't often see interesting news on other forums without to name it... or so rarely. My next (awesome  ::)) map will be released first here, so stay tuned.
David B.

Forge

Quote from: pbolduc on  24 March 2013, 15:41:21
Oh if anyone cares to know the reason why I am so far from home is because My wedding is coming up April 7th here in the Philippines! Amazing women is this country. =)

it's a trap!
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Micky C

I have high expectations for that...
Wall whore.

David B.

Is this for real ? or a 1st april prank ?
David B.

Micky C

Yeah it's real, it's just unfortunate that the source code release was on April first.

I remember when Gambini wanted some help with a little TROR section, and he stripped the room of anything that would resemble DNF to keep the room's intention secret, but after 30 seconds of examining the game geometry it struck me what it was, and now that area is in the trailer  8)
Wall whore.

Gambini

hehe yeah I blushed when you said "you´re doing DNF". I don´t know if you believed the tall story I improvised to dissuade you. But I had to keep the secret to all cost.  :D

Micky C

I can't remember what the story was, but IIRC you said it was a simple easter egg in some random map, and I actually believed that. Or at least I wasn't expecting a whopping huge mod with new art/sounds/code let alone an episode.
Wall whore.

Forge

Gambini

Yes, both things together specially.

Forge

lmao!

i'm going to quote this in the future and use it as an excuse to make a big drawn out annoying bug report in the release thread

what's the weight of this project? be nice if it was small enough to be hosted here

ck3D

Quote from: Gambini on  02 April 2013, 10:36:54
OMG!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqBJ7iX5a-o&fmt=6

that's pretty fucking fantastic. before i even noticed that it was you who posted the link, i clicked it and after the first ten seconds of the mod footage i could tell some of the design elements were your work, it just screamed your style so bad. looking forward to this, pretty badly