What are you working on now?

Started by Puritan, 15 December 2011, 13:42:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky C

Here's one of the other big reasons why I don't want to go fullbright; my texture set for this is quite limited, so I'm pulling a Duke Nukem Forever and diminishing the visibility to try and hide it.

I've also made an attempt at trying to imitate the second encounter. But I'm probably going to have a hard time filling up the area...
Wall whore.

Forge

Quote from: Micky C on  19 December 2011, 13:26:48
Here's one of the other big reasons why I don't want to go fullbright; my texture set for this is quite limited, so I'm pulling a Duke Nukem Forever and diminishing the visibility to try and hide it.

I've also made an attempt at trying to imitate the second encounter. But I'm probably going to have a hard time filling up the area...

can't blame you. especially the first shot. Sometimes trying to stay as close to the original isn't also the best thing to do.
the first shot could use more textures, the second shot could use some trees, bushes, or minor objects like obelisks or pillars, but not over done
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Micky C

WGRealms 2 wasn't made for this colour scheme, so my options for textures aren't that great. I'll try to experiment a bit but I won't be able to improve it much more than it is. Anyway for the moment, I'm focusing again on the TROR CBP. I can never maintain interest in the same project for long, but I find it helps to bounce between two completely different projects to maintain my interest in both of them. It just needs polishing and enemies/pickups. I'm not very motivated during the polishing stage, but luckily Paul seems more motivated than ever, which carries on to me a bit. So hopefully an early january release.

Quote from: Arghantyl on  18 December 2011, 13:14:40

This afternoon,i will work on my beloved mod : Welcome to Suncity  8)

It's a classic mod of Duke nukem :it includes new ennemies,new weapons (i hope),new graphics and of couse new maps.

I will create a special topic about this because i need beta-testers

The second shot looks nice. I can imagine some big battles in those hallways. The garden and everything also looks good in the first shot, but the house itself looks a bit bland. Too bad you can't TROR it up.
Wall whore.

Arghantyl

Thanks bro  8)

I didn't understand what are you doing exactly.A new episode for WG2 ? A new map ?
But anyway it looks really good and exotic from the usual environments of WG2.
It reminds me the babylonian/antic style from some good old video games (ex : Age of Empire).

I will try to master TROR soon but not on this map.Does it lagg/bug/crash the game ?

Good luck for your work  ;)
Another day,another challenge.

Micky C

Well there are actually a lot of new maps being made by a few people for WGRealms 2, and I've already made a mini-episode (it was a big map split into 2 maps) which still needs some polish. But I'm also thinking this could be yet another map for the TC, probably separate due to it's gameplay, which you'll see will be fairly different to the rest of the TC when it comes out.

TROR doesn't crash or lag (unless you're making a huge level, but if it was that big it'd probably lag anyway), although it can be a bit glitchy visually speaking. The 8-bit renderer is fairly ok, polymost is horrible, but polymer renders TROR perfectly. So you can make any kind of TROR and be certain that it will at least work in polymer. If you want to keep it compatible with classic/polymost, then there are certain limits, things you can't or must do to make sure it doesn't glitch.
Wall whore.

Micky C

Starting to mess around in mapster trying to formulate the what kind of theme my user map for the AMC TC should be, and in the process I created this scene; a dark, rainy night and a hi-tech corridor. Looks like as good a start as any.

Wall whore.

James

Nice stuff, I like it :) Are you gonna make it an every-character map, or character-specific? Or undecided still?

Puritan

^^Looks like a location in DOOM 3  ;)
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

Quote from: James on  29 December 2011, 19:28:31
Nice stuff, I like it :) Are you gonna make it an every-character map, or character-specific? Or undecided still?

I'll say undecided for the moment. I remember reading in the manual that you can't force specific characters in usermaps? Also, I don't know how to insert character specific sprites. All the weapons in the items catagory seem to be those multi-character ones.

@Puritan; any resemblance to Doom 3 is purely coincidental as I've never played it. I'll take that as a compliment though  :)
Wall whore.

James

You can force a character, I just forgot to take that bit out of the manual :) The weapons automatically change to whoever you're playing as, so placing an RPG will make everybody's weapon 5 equivilent appear there (I even managed to get this working properly in multiplayer, so 2 different players see 2 different sprites! I'm particularly proud of that)

Arghantyl

Quote from: James on  30 December 2011, 09:59:15
(I even managed to get this working properly in multiplayer, so 2 different players see 2 different sprites! I'm particularly proud of that)

Really ?
Awesome work, body  :D

Just hopin' than the Eduke-team will add a true multiplayer mod,by lauching the game and not through a not-so-cute-software.

Micky C

Quote from: James on  30 December 2011, 09:59:15
You can force a character, I just forgot to take that bit out of the manual :) The weapons automatically change to whoever you're playing as, so placing an RPG will make everybody's weapon 5 equivilent appear there (I even managed to get this working properly in multiplayer, so 2 different players see 2 different sprites! I'm particularly proud of that)

Ah, that's useful to know. And yet another reason why they should hurry up and finish the netcode. It feels like it hasn't been worked on for ages.
Wall whore.

Arghantyl

A new screenshot from this afternoon.

I've got a lot of pain to unbug one map but i think if i work well,the beta-test version will come in 2 week.
That will contain 2 complete playable map,one other who gave me some nightmares nowadays and some new stuff.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Puritan

Nice work  ;)
Note the shadow on the left wall; It should be angled.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Arghantyl

You're fuckin' right but i will do it for a next map   ::)
I have to manage my build-time

This screen shot is not very artistic and lie about the maps.There's a fair sprite work but not a lot.
All is on the layout and the sectorwork.

A great thank for this useful comment.