News:

DannyFromNewOrleans is back with a new map brimmed with action!
"Fear Of The Dark" is ready for download.

Main Menu

What are you working on now?

Started by Puritan, 15 December 2011, 13:42:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky C

My first attempt at a train/tram.

Wall whore.

DavoX

Nice man! Looking very good! Should I ask what is it for? :P

Merlijn

Looks very good! I see custom textures, so I guess it's either for DNF or for the AMC tc?

Micky C

Yeah that's right, it's for the AMC TC. (Sorry Davox  :P )

It's loosely inspired by the train in level 1 of Shadow Warrior. I'd always been disappointed that you couldn't fight along that train.
Wall whore.

David B.

In those times of exaltation, I'm posting some new screenshots about my incoming 2-maps episode. The release time is now approaching with a 1.5 Mo project (+30Mo sounds & music package joined with) and more than 25000 walls into two large maps. The first image shows a subway station; the second one give a preview of an industrial part localised in the second map. But I won't tell more for the moment. The beast is coming...

[attachment deleted by admin]
David B.

DavoX

Eeeexcellent man!

I wish I could show what I'm doing but for the first time I want people to just play the maps and not show screenshots all the time.

Forge

Quote from: David B. on  14 June 2013, 22:51:51
In those times of exaltation, I'm posting some new screenshots
both shots. construction & texturing look real good. like the ambiance; especially the second shot
1st shot - lots of light fixtures, but the shading seems spotty - like some walls should be darker than others in relation to where the light fixtures are
i.e. @ the top of the stairs the "fronts" of the trimming pillars seem like they should be lighter than the wall & the "sides" should be darker. there are several instances i can see throughout the picture.
2nd shot - what's wrong with the sky at the far left? it looks more "pixelated" or "stretched" than the center of the sky. i like how it looks all dilapidated and dirty. the busted out window panes are a nice touch, but the area seems a little too "empty". most old abandoned warehouses and rail loading docks usually have a bunch of crap and trash scattered around.

just my nitpicky observations/opinions. take 'em for what they're worth
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

MSandt

Very nice use of HRP textures.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

James

Those shots look great David, definitly looking forward to playing it.

here's a shot of a map me and Micky are working on together for the AMC TC episode 2, development has been pretty hush-hush but this map is too cool not to show off :)

Micky C

Yeah that shot is pretty awesome, I was mighty tempted to post it here myself!
Wall whore.

DavoX

Merlijn

Wow, so those layers are all TROR? Looks great guys!  8)

quakis

Nitpick; Shouldn't the next stack get smaller on each floor? Might improve the visuals even further and feel more authentic. Just feels too much like a 'block' for that kind of building. This assuming the layout on each floor isn't already complete.

DavoX

I think like quakis but didn't want to ruin the mood :P Yes the roof has to be like one of those japanese buildings :P

Gambini

If there were rep points in this forum, I would have upvoted QuakisĀ“ post  :P