What are you working on now?

Started by Puritan, 15 December 2011, 13:42:27

Previous topic - Next topic

David B.

That's good to have some feedback.
In fact I already tried several experience about introducing new tiles in the game. Each time I did that, I had to stop the project.

First, the new tiles seems to bring something better but after a while I'm aware they are outplaced, like... it lacks of authenticity and it's not going with the game, I don't know... It never seems to work that well...
David B.

quakis

Quote from: Forge on  18 November 2013, 14:27:21(which seem like they belong more in a hospital)

Based on what Forge said, you could possibly take the map in that direction if that inspires anything. Highland Hospital? :P

David B.

I'm not going use this for any hospital... nor come back again with an highland thing... cause when I think twice I wouldn't look very serious.
Beside I'm already mapping (on & off) a fantasy / "kind of hospital" * theme and I'll only use the original material for that one.

* I wont tell too much about that for the moment...
::)
David B.

David B.

My best whishes for this new year to the community.

A map is probably coming soon... to start the year.

For this one, I'm testing a rain effect I've done myself but I'd rather have the opinion of a beta-tester about that and its downsizes.
The map itself is not completed and HRP is, as usual, needed.

It would be better to know if this effect worths the effort before to spent more time on it for the rest of the map.

David B.

Micky C

If the map is using the HRP (and therefore recommends polymer) the rain effect and all its sprites could cause the framerate to plummet.

Still great to hear you've made progress on a new map; at this moment 2014 looks like it might yet have plenty of releases.
Wall whore.

David B.

Here is the results in Polymer :

- framerate between 22 - 40 fps. most of the time I noticed 26 fps on average
- without rain sprites min. 29 fps, most of the time I noticed 30-40 fps on average.

(I must say I don't have graphic card for games. I've never a good framerate with Polymer).

The effect itself is enjoyable. So, there is a compromise.

[attachment deleted by admin]
David B.

Micky C

It's hard to tell without seeing the rain in motion, but it looks ok. How did you do the lighting under the lamps? They look more like sprites/baked textures than polymer lights.
Wall whore.

David B.

Yes, they are sprites so one can see them even without Polymer, and because the framerate suffers from polymer lights IMO.

David B.

Micky C

It's difficult working on a project for a long time without giving some shots away every now and then for (hopefully positive) feedback.

Here's some some spritework platforms in a gas chamber I've been working on. Notice how the visible layer of gas is transparent but doesn't have a definitive edge due to the use of multi-layered sprites with brighter shades the further it goes down, of course it's more noticeable in game with a closer look.

Wall whore.

Micky C

I just love this screenshot. Made to resemble one of the rooms in my university. WIP but this room itself is mostly finished (no shading yet).

Wall whore.

Forge

looks nice. good texture combos.

I like the ceiling
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

It reminds me of Grand Central Station in New York.
Nice work  :)
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

High Treason

[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Micky C

Wall whore.

Micky C

Wall whore.