[RELEASE] Retaliation

Started by Loke, 07 December 2011, 15:46:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Gambini

The software engine is broken by some fix that helps modelers to get proper scales. So yes AAAAALLLL the maps made for softare/8bits/polymost have visual errors now because 2 new modellers can´t workaround a simple scale problem. That was the last nail in Duke´s coffin for me, sorry.

Puritan

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Merlijn

Polymer doesn't run properly here, but I just want to say those screenshots in the review topic look really good!

Forge

Polymer isn't exactly lightning fast on my machine. If the map was loaded down with monsters i probably would have had some serious lag issues.

As for future heavily resourced polymer projects, the trick is to kill every alien in the map, then go back and do the screen shots  8)
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

Or disable models in the menu?
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

disabling models and cranking down the screen resolution shouldn't have to be the answer to run polymer.

It really doesn't help that much anyway if there are alot of aliens moving about and firing their weapons

EmericaSkater

Outta curiosity, why did this map's page wind up in the 'mods' section?
ANARCHY

Forge

I would assume it's because there's only one spot for displaying latest map and Puritan wanted to keep the release on the front page, so he put it into the mod slot

Helixirr

Hello, I made my way here.

Was about to test the map, but there's a problem: archieve seems to be corrupted, so I can't download it!  :'(

Could somebody help me out?  :o
Current project(s):
CBP9
Tim Firch - The Plans Of Dr. Deta

Puritan

Heh...welcome aboard, Henri :)
You're right. The zip is corrupted.

Looking into it now.
Very strange, the zip is okay on my comp. But after upload / download it's getting corrupted  :o

Edit: Don't stay up and wait for me... :P
Go to the first page of this topic and scroll down to post no. 10

Edit 2:
I've attached the zip that I've uploaded to the server. Anyone try to open it?

Edit 3: Fixed! All zips are ok.
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

I don't know if it's a firefox thing or what, because I have the same issue with attachments over at AMC. The file wants to save as index.php
(it is a firefox thing, iexplorer saves the file just fine)

with firefox I can save it as index.php and rename it to a zip after download or I can right click and save as [mapname].zip and it opens fine either way
iexplorer saves the file as a zip and it opens fine as well

Arghantyl

Quote from: Loke on  11 December 2011, 14:00:45
Now coming up with something original, especially in this game, is hard. How about... nah, already been done, dammit.  :(

Someone gotta kill you kick your ass kiss you ripp your head protest  for telling that.The limits of building maps is only your imagination.

And oh well,my Pc crashed when i attempt to play this map  >:(
Another day,another challenge.

Helixirr

Same here. The game freezes on the loading screen. I almost couldn't do anything.

I have also some other strange issues with the latest Eduke32 snapshot. Just watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1m7YQYC_q4&feature=plcp&context=C2390cUDOEgsToPDskJy1fpVdl4WIqWIQYNWRMJ7
Current project(s):
CBP9

Forge

that's pretty weird, but i can't reproduce what you're doing (i'm using r2172)

sounds like you need to take it up with Tx & helixhorned over at duke4. they're going to want logs and other information

Helixirr

Thanks for the help.  ;) I think I have to find a way, 'cause I seriously don't understand what's going on. This has never happened to me before.

What I've realized is the fact that maps found in DUKE3D.GRP seem to be loading correctly, but as long as I load some of my own maps, it starts from the same level where you loaded another level and starts right there, right where you left off before loading. It's really a problem, 'cause when I might have created a new map, tested it and switched to another level, there is a possibility of corruption of my map file. Now's that's not what I don't want.

I think one solution would be downloading earilers snapshots of Eduke32. That might be the easiest one to do I know. I hope these glitches will be fixed.
Current project(s):
CBP9