TROR discussion thread

Started by Micky C, 21 December 2011, 01:26:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky C

Did you have a decent go at reading and understanding the TROR editing modes on the wiki? It sounds like you're having trouble designating the active editing layer, and that section will help.

However it is very easy to join sectors to form TROR after constuction, but I wouldn't recommend it, because if some of the sectors you want to connect are slightly different, it'll give you a read headache. Still, you'll need to have a look at the retrofitting via joining example for this.

Personally I find it much easier to visualize what I'm doing if the rooms I'm working on are in their correct physical position. It would have been very, very, very difficult to make something as complicated as Parkade.map by the joining method.

Here's the wiki link again: http://wiki.eduke32.com/wiki/True_Room_Over_Room_Mapping_Guide
Wall whore.

High Treason

Thanks. I'm slowly getting the hang of it... I won't post anything here as I'm about to post in the what are you working on thread.

I've decided to use the create stacks first method, it just makes creating rooms a bit harder than it needs to be but I can worry about that later - I'm using the smallest grid size where a room would be the same dimension and then moving the walls so they are 1 unit away afterwards... This way I don't notice the difference when in 3D mode but it makes editing a little tricky.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]