What is your own worst map(s)?

Started by Micky C, 23 December 2011, 00:11:54

Previous topic - Next topic

MSandt

They resemble the grunts from HL. Maybe someone took some custom models and turned them into sprites?
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

The Commander

Quote from: MSandt on  20 January 2013, 17:06:15
They resemble the grunts from HL. Maybe someone took some custom models and turned them into sprites?
Indeed, this is correct.

I have spoken with Gambini on Steam I leave my PC on 24/7 (I was at work, not asleep :P)

But for those interested, these sprites came from the 8bit version of Duke Army.
I am not frequent on this site any more because I do not get much free time now and any free time is spent working on my Minecraft server or replying to n00bs at Duke4.net about stuff that is not Duke related.
I am starting to get over Duke shit and just go to the forums for the casual chat.

Gambini

Still, the community appreciates your contribution  :P

David B.

My worst map is a prison map I did in the last 90's.

Short review : 2 min. gameplay, no shading, only 1 texture used, 53 errors - corruption level 4.
I still have it on my HD. At this time, I was a bad beginner.

[attachment deleted by admin]
David B.

DavoX

I think my worst work was Buenos Aires Explosive remake. Not because of the details or anything, because it did have detail in it, but the gameplay was horrible, unfair and unplayable. There's a puzzle in which you have to get out of the place in under a minute by remembering a series of almost 10 doors in sequence.

Forge

if BAE is your worst then you're doing pretty damn good
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Gambini

He´s saying it´s his worst because of the gameplay. If you move the player start to a safe place and play it without monsters, it´s a great map. If you play it as it, it´s just the ultimate duke torture.

DavoX

Holy shit , didn't know you reviewed my map Forge, thanks man! It was a year ago but still an awesome find :D

ToiletDuck64

Here's a really old map I made back in 2002 and hadn't touched since (after digging it up I used Mapster to fix some corruption, but that doesn't count). It was basically part of a bunch of...well, I'd call them "maps", but that would imply that any of the other ones were anywhere near finished. I called them all "crap#" as temporary names, then decided to leave it that way because it seemed appropriate.*

This is the "best of the worst" so to speak; that's probably why it's the only one that got finished. Partial list of dumb things in this map:
- Excuse the Stadium ripoff.
- There's a glitchy water area...it's possible to brute-force your way out of the glitch though. (Actually, the whole area near that (with the trains and stuff) is somewhat derpy, to be honest.)

*(By the way, by "crap" being an appropriate name, I mean when looking at them as if they were finished maps...some of them might still be useful as set pieces or somesuch.)

[attachment deleted by admin]

zykoveddy

Quote from: DavoX on  19 May 2013, 18:16:36
I think my worst work was Buenos Aires Explosive remake. Not because of the details or anything, because it did have detail in it, but the gameplay was horrible, unfair and unplayable. There's a puzzle in which you have to get out of the place in under a minute by remembering a series of almost 10 doors in sequence.

What?  ???

Buenos Aires Explosive remake is actually one of my favorite maps ever, and the door puzzle is one of it's coolest features.
From the flight of the seagull come the spread claws of the eagle.

DavoX