AMC TC released! Merry X-mas!

Started by James, 24 December 2011, 22:00:34

Previous topic - Next topic

James

The AMC TC is released!

http://msdn.duke4.net/AMC_THE_TC_V1.zip

This mammoth 8-character TC is finally ready for release, after several years of hard work. Featuring a huge range of features and effects (far too many to list here) The TC can be considered it's own game in it's right, taking story ideas from Duke Nukem as well as carrying on the storylines set in Imagination World (By myself), Oblivion (By Zaxtor) and Brave New World (By Mikko Sandt).

Featuring an episode of high-quality maps, built by myself, Rusty, Geoffrey, Highwire, Mikko and Sang. All the con coding, excluding a few parts by other coders such as DeeperThought, was by myself as well.

The AMC Squad is a paramilitary group formed by a man whose identity is unknown to all but a select few in the EDF and EAF. Using funds from both of those agencies as well as his own, he hired an old friend to track down 7 of the best and most skilled fighters on Earth. This squad was formed to tackle the most severe threats to Earth's safety, including fighting off the notorious Cycloid race of aliens. However, events soon unfold that dramatically increase the scale of conflict, and the AMC squad must soon deal with a new paranormal world that is new to even the most supernatural members of the team.

Can you fight as the AMC Squad, and take care of this threat? Will you scour the battlefield, find and aquire research and equipment and tackle the threat strategically, or just run in guns blazing? Will you choose to play as Sangluss, A warlock with great power who overcame a dark past? Or as Merlijn, the knight from Holland who wields ancient weaponry to deadly effect? Mikko, the Cybernetic leader of MS Corp industries, brings a range of deadly and hi-tech weaponry to the battlefield whereas Highwire relies only on good old fashioned guns (Preferably russian made!)

To those of you who played Imagination World and beat episode 4, if you copy the iw_complete.amctc file into the data directory in your AMC TC folder you'll unlock the 1911 and Jackhammer from IW for use when you play as James in the AMC TC :)

Please note that for the best experience, play this in Classic mode, Polymost does have support with widescreen functionality but Classic is what the vast majority of the team designed it in. Polymer is not supported.

Puritan

Merry Christmas!
Screenshots looking great!
Downloading  ;)

Edit: Why is Mapster32 included in the zip?
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

MSandt

Quote from: Puritan on  24 December 2011, 23:53:54

Edit: Why is Mapster32 included in the zip?

Maybe someone wants to map for it and the included Mapster32 is guaranteed to work.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Forge

cool!

i know you worked hard on this, especially lately just to get it out for xmas eve.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Merlijn

Wow.. now that´s a neat christmas present! Can´t wait to play the final incarnation of this great mod!  8)

Forge

Wrote a review this morning before the rest of the family woke up. The time crunch and James' detailed description didn't make my job very easy.

In any event, the review doesn't do this TC justice because it's that damn good
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

James

Cheers Forge, looking forward to reading it :)

Puritan

The AMC TC and a review is now hosted here at Come Get Some  ;)
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

James

Thanks guys, for the host and the review :)

Arghantyl

The best TC ever.Sure more than Starsheep troopers.

I've not finished it yet but the realisation is fuckin' good.Never seen that.
I'm just a pretty sick than it's included to mod section.You cannot compare this to WGspace or something else.

And the place of this topic is not right.
Another day,another challenge.

James

Thanks!

I just found a bug in abyss that makes progression not possible, you'll have to download this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?d7hon8f2g5da38r
to proceed.

Arghantyl

Sometimes i can't pick up the evidences and this game suffers from huge maps.
But it's ok.
Another day,another challenge.

James

You only pick up evidence the first time round - if you picked it up, then died or something than it's already been 'stored' so you won't take it the next time :)

Micky C

I never get used to how good the maps are. They're huge, they're detailed, they each use their own individual textures so they're unique and give the TC huge variety. And the atmosphere and ambiance is truely amazing. Each level absolutely nailed the atmosphere it was going for, plus extra.

Occasionally I get the urge to make a map for this, but even before I can open mapster, I remember how good the original maps are and get scared off.
Wall whore.

James

Don't let that stop you! I'd love to see even just one usermap for the TC, it'd make even more of the work worth it :)