AMC TC released! Merry X-mas!

Started by James, 24 December 2011, 22:00:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky C

I had a look at some of the existing user maps in the classic collection, and they seem like moderately standard vanilla maps. Given some time I might be able to whip up something - I'll start on some concepts and familiarize myself with some effects after I've finished my current project, which should be done in two weeks. Hopefully I'll have something to show in a few months. (Not looking forward to getting used to the new texture set, haha).
Wall whore.

Arghantyl

If you want a little luck than bodys make some maps for your mod,add a mapper manual.

I 'm playing this TC and it shows some weakness.

I 've not finished yet but i i've the feeling that this game is a patchwork of mods.From looting all arts they could do,perhaps this team forgot to create a coherent game.Even the scenarii seem just go everywhere.
Unlike Imperium,i can easily stop to play it each chapter.

And i think too than the character development is just pretty sick.Could be better if people could developp them (why not) through an Xp system which allow to increase the max of health and armor.
Something which make the game a bit more addictiv.

But perhaps i'm too fast and the developpers team will create some new episodes and deep the concepts of this game.

Another day,another challenge.

MSandt

Quote from: Arghantyl on  27 December 2011, 23:28:14
I 've not finished yet but i i've the feeling that this game is a patchwork of mods.From looting all arts they could do,perhaps this team forgot to create a coherent game.

That diversity is our strength. Coherence is in the background, the intertwined storylines and the shared universe.

QuoteAnd i think too than the character development is just pretty sick.Could be better if people could developp them (why not) through an Xp system which allow to increase the max of health and armor.

Not enough maps for a system like that; it's simply not needed at the moment.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Micky C

Bit of an oversight, according to the review on the front page, it says it requires Atomic Edition in the box at the bottom...
Wall whore.

Puritan

Quote from: Micky C on  28 December 2011, 07:29:29
Bit of an oversight, according to the review on the front page, it says it requires Atomic Edition in the box at the bottom...
Ahh...my bad. Will be corrected asap.
Thanks.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

James

As Mikko said, one of the major points of the AMC TC is it is expanding the game world set up by a large collection of other Duke mods such as Imagination World, Oblivion TC, Brave New World, .etc .etc There is thought put behind everything in the mod, and every enemy/gun has some kind of history in the world.

Arghantyl

I was completely seduced by the idea but sometimes the achievement failed.
I'm speakin' especially for graphics.

I do not want hurt anyone but when you play a map wich is highly detailed with the Zaxtor's stuff (by example),the result is ugly like hell.

Do not be mistaken,i 've got a lot of fun playing this game (i will have because i've not finished it xD) but sometimes these kind of bad surprises waste my pleasure.
This TC has a lot of ressources and i'm more motivated to make map for this one than any other.
But sadly for me there 's not any manual to explain "how to".

James

There is a manual, if you check in the AMC TC folder you can see a file called 'manual.html' which has a build guide to it which covers the majority of the new stuff.

Anyways sorry you feel that way about the graphics, unfortunately I'm not an artist and had to get the graphics from wherever I could. I would like to have matching high quality graphics but with zero budget that's simply not possible.

Merlijn

I haven't finished the episode yet, but one of the coolest aspects is the immenseness of the world, almost feels like 10 years of mapping are combined in a huge, cohesive world (even planet x64-2 gets a mention!).
It's too bad those precog machines from the Megabase levels are such a small plot point though. It has a lot of potential IMO.

Anyway, I kinda want to make a map for my own character now.  :P A part of Amsterdam taken over by demons or something..

Puritan

Quote from: Merlijn on  29 December 2011, 01:04:14

Anyway, I kinda want to make a map for my own character now.  :P A part of Amsterdam taken over by demons or something..

That would have been absolutely awesome!
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

James

That would be amazing since that's part of your character's backstory and everything :D

Also those precog machines will be important again in the future :)

Merlijn

Well, who knows.. I first need to get understand how all the features work. :)
Millhaven is an amazing level btw, great music as well (Nine inch nails?).

Forge

A monumental task, but it would be pretty cool if each character had a patch to the game with their own mini-episode
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

James

QuoteMillhaven is an amazing level btw, great music as well (Nine inch nails?).
Yeah :) Rusty picked the main background music for both levels whereas I picked the music for the libary, boss fight and ending cutscene. I did the cutscenes with Jekyll and the ending one as well, all of which I think turned out great. The ending cutscene was just inspired by the music track it's played to, I heard it for the first time and Imagined a scene like which plays out.
QuoteA monumental task, but it would be pretty cool if each character had a patch to the game with their own mini-episode
Yeah I'd love that too, but of course we're all getting less and less free-time these days to do things like this :(

Arghantyl

Quote from: Forge on  29 December 2011, 20:01:59
A monumental task, but it would be pretty cool if each character had a patch to the game with their own mini-episode

Same.