Sports: Local, National, and World

Started by Forge, 27 December 2011, 21:29:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Forge

The national hockey league team NY Rangers are doing very well (the team I like)
the Anaheim Ducks, not so much (the team somebody else allegedly likes)
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

Watched Baylor win a shootout with Washington in the Alamo Bowl 67 to 56 (college american football).

crazy back and forth game. pretty entertaining

they broke a bunch of bowl records, most combined yards, highest combined score during regulation, a few others

MSandt

Quote from: Forge on  27 December 2011, 21:29:06
The national hockey league team NY Rangers are doing very well (the team I like)
the Anaheim Ducks, not so much (the team somebody else allegedly likes)

Yeah, it's depressing to realize at this point into the season that your team is not making the playoffs :( And if we start winning now, it'll only result in a worse draft pick.

Currently enjoying the World Juniors. Finland lost 8-1 to Canada but bounced back against the United States (maybe the second best team in the tournament), winning 4-1. Tonight's game against Denmark should be a cakewalk.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Forge

Watched the Rose Bowl yesterday (college american football)  Oregon beat Wisconsin 45 to 38

another crazy back and forth game that came down to the last play and some more rose bowl records for scoring, and longest scoring run were set

Forge

Finally got to watch a NY Rangers game (NHL). They just beat Pittsburgh 3 to 1

Puritan

^I love hockey 8)

I'm currently watching "Tour de Ski".
In a hour I will watch some Biathlon from Oberhof, Germany before the Nordic Combined from Oberstdorf, Germany.
Seems that I'll be stuck in front of my TV set a few hours  :D
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Puritan

Will there be a new world record today?
Ski jumping in the largest hill in the world: Vikersund, Norway.
Last year Johan Remmen Evensen from Norway jumped 246,5 meter :o in this hill.
Today's world championship  starting in about two hours.
I'm very excited!
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

Watched New York beat Ottawa 4 to 2 in game 1 of the NHL Eastern conference quarter finals

Puritan

Currently watching Real Madrid vs Bayern Munchen in Champions League.
Man these guys know how to play football  :o

Edit: And the winner is: Bayern Munchen. Yay!
Then they'll meet Chelsea (UK) in the final.
Looking forward to it!
Oh when I'm old and wise

Puritan

New world record squat 445 kg / 981 pound  :o

Watch Carl Yngvar Christensen from Norway in his World record lift!
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

Watched the Rangers beat the Capitals 2 to 1 in the NHL conference semis game 7.

They move on to face New Jersey Devils, but I think the Western conference match-up between the Kings and the Coyotes will be a bit more exciting to watch. Both those teams have been on a hot streak lately.

MSandt

That sucked, I was rooting for the Caps but a Jersey-NY conference final will be epic anyway. Would love to see NY and LA in the Stanley Cup finals as they're the largest cities in the United States and a Stanley Cup win for the Kings would be good for Californian hockey.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Forge

Well the Western Conference finals were anything but exciting. I thought the Coyotes would put up a better fight than that. I didn't think they'd win, but I figured the series would go at least 6 games. The Kings handled them easily and they'll probably do the same to N.Y. or N.J.

Forge

I'm surprised New Jersey won a game. The Stanley Cup is still as good as won by L.A. at the point anyway.