Sports: Local, National, and World

Started by Forge, 27 December 2011, 21:29:06

Previous topic - Next topic

MSandt

I don't care about it either. I hope Finland never makes it to the World Cup games because I don't want that culture here. I do keep the tv on and keep an eye on who's winning but I can't focus on the actual game for more than five minutes. Still more entertaining than American football.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Forge

Quote from: High Treason on  26 June 2014, 23:30:31
Most honestly, I don't really care about soccer, but I am supporting the USA just because it annoys everyone who's into "Football" around here... More so now they are butthurt about losing horribly - I'm in England if you didn't know.
That's why I don't support the USA team. It annoys the people around here who are only football fans once every four years.

Quote from: MSandt on  27 June 2014, 00:14:35
Still more entertaining than American football.
that's 'cause it's like hockey on grass
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

MSandt

Quote from: Forge on  27 June 2014, 04:30:04

Quote from: MSandt on  27 June 2014, 00:14:35
Still more entertaining than American football.
that's 'cause it's like hockey on grass

Which one? If we're talking about American football, then not at all. In hockey, they get to play close to a minute on average until someone whistles the play dead. In football, they play for 2-5 seconds at a time, then the players form a pile and then there's a break that lasts 15-30 times longer than the preceding play. It's totally unwatchable.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Forge

football (soccer)=grass hockey

that's why football is more entertaining than american football

Puritan

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Fernando

Quote from: Puritan on  28 June 2014, 20:57:58
What a thriller!  :o

Brazil - Chile
I admit it. At first, I never though Chile was going to be a really strong force against the hosts. But, after the match, they have really played a truly fantastic World Cup campaign and only to see them fall against the hosts with a very tight and upclose match was a bit discouraging, but at least satisfactory. Penalties proved to be a bit of luck indeed for Brazil but nonetheless, Chile did wonders!! :)

Only now to think for the 2018 World Cup.

High Treason

Ah, well, the USA is out too.

I feel they did play very well however and at the end they certainly shook Belgium up a little for a moment, it was an awesome game. That goal keeper is also something of an unstoppable force. Most importantly, they did a lot better than England and as previously stated, I live in England where a lot of people (especially soccer fans) love to hate on the USA, thus giving me awesome trolling capabilities for a little while.

-----

Who mentioned hockey? I'm assuming this is the ice variety? Damn hockey, that's a crappy sport, real men do figure skating. :P
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Puritan

^ One of the more exciting 0-0 matches ( full time) that I've seen in a while  :)
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Puritan

Man, Germany is teaching Brazil a lesson in football  :o
0-5 before 30 minutes!!
Oh when I'm old and wise

MSandt

Forge

7 to 1
that's a baseball score not football

nice defense Brazil  :P

still wouldn't mind if Argentina wins it all

Puritan

Yay!
World Chess Championship 2014, Sochi - Russia.

Champion for the second time in a row: Magnus Carlsen.

Business Insider
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

NHL playoffs are in the first round

Anaheim really smacked Winnipeg around and took them down in four
NY Rangers advance in 5

Puritan

Ice hockey world championship 2015 is only three days away.
Looking forward to many great battles!

Official site
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

Why don't they just face off Canada vs. Russia for the title now and get it over with?